[comp.text] dvipage bug

ben@nsf1.mth.msu.edu (Ben Lotto) (09/07/89)

I recently got dvipage from june.cs.washington.edu and compiled it to
use pk files.  Everything compiled fine.  But when I run it on the
output from the tex file

	Hi there.  How are you today?
	\bye

the image in the dvipage window looks like

	e H re o toay

This remains until I select First Page or Last Page from the dvipage
menu.  Does anyone know why this happens and, more importantly, how to
fix it?

I have the most recent version of dvipage (3.0) on a SUN 4 with a color
monitor.  If you need more specific information, I will try to provide
it.

Thanks in advance.
--

-B. A. Lotto  (ben@nsf1.mth.msu.edu)
Department of Mathematics/Michigan State University/East Lansing, MI  48824

evas@cs.eur.nl (Eelco van Asperen) (09/08/89)

ben@nsf1.mth.msu.edu (Ben Lotto) writes:
>I recently got dvipage from june.cs.washington.edu and compiled it to
>use pk files.  Everything compiled fine.  But when I run it on the
>output from the tex file

>	Hi there.  How are you today?
>	\bye

>the image in the dvipage window looks like

>	e H re o toay

This is a bug in fonts.c; the routine that reads the characters from
the font-file does not return anything, ie. garbage AND the result
is used ! It does work the second time the page is displayed because
the character does not have to be read from the font-file.
Aplly this fix to fonts.c and things should work ok:

------- fonts.c -------
404a405
> 	/*NOTREACHED*/
1216c1217