[comp.text] indexor program help needed

duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (09/22/89)

I could use some help getting the program indexor to run under
unix bsd 4.3.  The program appeared in comp.sources.misc but was
mentioned in this news group.

Indexor is a program that is suppose to make the process of
indexing easier under latex.

I had to edit some extra text material out of the source that got
inserted and correct one syntex error.  Now I get many redefinable
errors under cc before it quits and exits.  Perhaps a makefile was
suppose to be included?

Any help would be much appreciated!  Right now the indexing is being
done with sed scripts and could really use some improvments!

-Shan D.

jbw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Jingbai Wang) (09/22/89)

To: duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Subject: Re: indexor program help needed
Newsgroups: comp.text
Bcc:

In article <4227@csd4.csd.uwm.edu> you write:
>I could use some help getting the program indexor to run under
>unix bsd 4.3.  The program appeared in comp.sources.misc but was
>mentioned in this news group.
>
>Indexor is a program that is suppose to make the process of
>indexing easier under latex.

I dropped the package off at june.cs.washington.edu under ~/tmp in
name of indexor.tar.Z. It was initially designed for Scribe when I
wrote books (check out TeXGuide.tar.Z in ~/tmp too), and one person
was asking about that here, it is why I reconfigurated into LaTeX one
for makeidx. There is a small demo.

Under SUN you need -DV7, under BSD 4.3 is generally ok. An ANSI terminal
is required.

JB Wang
jbw@pittvms.bitnet
jbw@cisunx.UUCP