[comp.text] DVI Drivers

terry@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) (02/13/89)

I have version 2.1 of the LaserJet+ DVI drivers from Beebe at Utah,
and am trying to compile them under XENIX V/386 2.3.1 OS and 2.2
development system.  It will compile without problems, but when I try
to run it, it dumps core at various places.  The first problem was in
calling strid2().  When I moved that from the strid2.h include file to
dvifile.h where it was called, that problem vanished.  Now it dumps
core on other string handling routines.  I was just wondering if
someone had patches to get these drivers running under XENIX, or if I
was missing something obvious.  Thanks as always.

--
Terry Hull                    Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
                                           Kansas State University

c3ar@daisy.uchicago.edu (Walter C3arlip) (10/01/89)

Speaking of dvi drivers . . .

Can anyone tell me if the following exist and if so how to get them:

   (1)  A dvi driver to run on UNIX and drive an imagen that uses the
        packed (pk) form of the fonts (using a directory structure
        compatible with a dvi-->ps driver that uses the same fonts);

   (2)  A native Macintosh dvi driver that generates output for an
        imagewriter.

I suspect that the answer to (2) is still no.

Thanks,

Walter
Walter C3arlip 				c3ar@zaphod.uchicago.edu
(the "3" is silent)			c3ar%zaphod@UCHIMVS1.bitnet

chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) (10/01/89)

In article <5597@tank.uchicago.edu> c3ar@daisy.uchicago.edu (Walter C3arlip)
writes:
>Can anyone tell me if the following exist and if so how to get them:
>
>   (1)  A dvi driver to run on UNIX and drive an imagen that uses the
>        packed (pk) form of the fonts (using a directory structure
>        compatible with a dvi-->ps driver that uses the same fonts);

The MC-TeX system (still officially in beta test) has an Imagen driver
that uses any and all font formats (pk, gf, pxl, and `fake' tfm
`fonts'; there is an Imagen RST font reader that is not functional) and
is compatible with any imaginable directory structure (and some
unimaginable ones).  The system includes a PostScript driver as well,
but it is not as good as Rokicki's dvips 4.0.