[comp.text] TrueSized Fonts

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (10/22/89)

In article <212@masalla.fulcrum.bt.co.uk> igb@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Ian G Batten) writes:

 > Using the sauter stuff in TeXcontrib on the TeX 2.95 tape, I have
 > built a version of LaTeX that uses truesized fonts throughout.
 > There is a version of lfonts.tex supplied that does this for most
 > of the preloaded stuff, but I have continued this so there are no
 > scaled fonts present either pre- or demand- loaded.
I did this earlier in the year as well. interested parties in the UK
will find my version in the UK TeX archive at Aston.

but I'd recommend anyone who really cares about their font selection
in LaTeX to have a look at Mittelbach & Schoepf's complete rewrite of
lfonts.tex, as discussed in their article in TUGboat earlier this
year. What they implement provides a much cleaner mechanism for
changing the fonts called up by a particular type/size request.

 > Using the sauter stuff, I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has
 > built cmcsc20.  I had to rearrange one equation to overcome an arithmetic
looking at my .tfm and .pk directories, I see that I have one. I don't
remember any problem with it. see the last issue of TeXline for an
example of its use

Sebastian Rahtz

--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)