[comp.text] Problem with installing dvipage on a SparcStation

michael@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) (11/10/89)

The subject says it all. We have a fairly new version of the TeX
distribution (2.991) and cannot get dvipage running. It dumps a core,
when it should read a dvi-file.

	Any suggestions?
--
      Michael Schmidt, FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany

ip@me.utoronto.ca (Bevis Ip) (11/10/89)

In article <719@corona.pb> michael@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) writes:

>The subject says it all. We have a fairly new version of the TeX
>distribution (2.991) and cannot get dvipage running. It dumps a core,
>when it should read a dvi-file.
>
>	Any suggestions?

Very likely dvipage can't find some typeface (true or substitute), add these
in set_char() (dvipage.c) should fix the core dump.  It simply print
nothing, but dvipage will tell you what fonts are missing anyway.  Make sure
you have the right fontpath set, and double check by running with `-v 1'
option set.

bevis

***************
*** 2365,2370 ****
--- 2365,2373 ----
  	ptr = &(fontptr->ch[c]);
  	hh = Pix_round(h, hconv);
  	vv = Pix_round(v, vconv);
+
+ 	if (ptr->where.address.fileOffset == NONEXISTENT)
+ 		return;

  	if(! ptr->where.isloaded)
  		if(! load_char(fontptr, ptr))
--
Bevis Ip                <>  ip@me.toronto.edu, ip@me.utoronto.ca
University of Toronto   <>  {pyramid,uunet}!utai!me!ip