[comp.text] ditroff... how to I buy it?

kg@elan.elan.com (Ken Greer) (11/10/89)

From article <16853@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU>, by haberman@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU
> Where can I buy ditroff?  I called my local AT & T rep and got *nowhere.*

Troff, originally developed by AT&T, is best bought from a 3rd party
who supports it.  Elan has become known as the foremost troff supplier
with their Eroff product.  AT&T themselves use Eroff extensively!
For information and assistance, you can contact...

                           Elan Computer Group, Inc.
                          888 Villa Street, 3rd Floor
                            Mountain View, CA 94041
                              Phone: 415-964-2200
                               FAX: 415-964-8588

russ@wpg.com (Russell Lawrence) (11/10/89)

In article <659@elan.elan.com>, Ken Greer at Elan writes:
> Troff, originally developed by AT&T, is best bought from a 3rd party
> who supports it.  Elan has become known as the foremost troff supplier
> with their Eroff product.  AT&T themselves use Eroff extensively!
> For information and assistance, you can contact...
>
>                            Elan Computer Group, Inc.
>                           888 Villa Street, 3rd Floor
>                             Mountain View, CA 94041
>                               Phone: 415-964-2200
>                                FAX: 415-964-8588

Another source would be:

           Judy Caron
          Image Network
       140 S. Whisman Road
    Mountain View, CA  94041
        (415) 967-0542
        (800) 869-7633

BTW, I'm not affiliated with Image Network.  I'm just a satisfied user.
--
Russell Lawrence, WP Group, New Orleans (504) 443-5000
russ@wpg.com   uunet!wpg!russ

brainerd@unmvax.unm.edu (Walt Brainerd) (11/11/89)

In article <659@elan.elan.com>, kg@elan.elan.com (Ken Greer) writes:
> From article <16853@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU>, by haberman@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU
> > Where can I buy ditroff?  I called my local AT & T rep and got *nowhere.*
>
> Troff, originally developed by AT&T, is best bought from a 3rd party
> who supports it.

I can't understand how Ken could have forgotten to mention Unicomp
(see below), Image Network (Mt. View, CA), and SoftQuad in Toronto.

--
Walt Brainerd  Unicomp, Inc.           brainerd@unmvax.cs.unm.edu
               2002 Quail Run Dr. NE

jaap+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jaap Akkerhuis) (11/17/89)

Excerpts from mail: 10-Nov-89 Re: ditroff... how to I buy.. Walt
Brainerd@unmvax.unm (621)

> In article <659@elan.elan.com>, kg@elan.elan.com (Ken Greer) writes:
> > From article <16853@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU>, by haberman@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU
> > > Where can I buy ditroff?  I called my local AT & T rep and got *nowhere.*
> >
> > Troff, originally developed by AT&T, is best bought from a 3rd party
> > who supports it.

> I can't understand how Ken could have forgotten to mention Unicomp
> (see below), Image Network (Mt. View, CA), and SoftQuad in Toronto.

I do. Elan never leaves an opportunity unused for plugging there product.

	jaap