[comp.text] FOOTNOTES IN LATEX

phd_jacquier@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (11/11/89)

Hi,

I have a (possibly stupid) latex question:

I tried to use footnotes inside the tabular environment without success. It
does not give any error or warning, it just does not write them even though it
writes the subscripted number in the text.
I did not see anything in the book that relates to that..

To do footnote in tables i now create a tabular environment with my notes
after the tabular environment of the table. I still don't see why LATEX would
not let one do footnotes inside a table ?
Anybody has an idea about this?

pcm@iwarpr0.intel.com (Phil Miller) (11/16/89)

In article <6222@tank.uchicago.edu> phd_jacquier@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>I tried to use footnotes inside the tabular environment without success. It
>does not give any error or warning, it just does not write them even though it
>writes the subscripted number in the text.

>To do footnote in tables i now create a tabular environment with my notes
>after the tabular environment of the table. I still don't see why LATEX would
>not let one do footnotes inside a table ?
>Anybody has an idea about this?

Have you tried enclosing your footnote in a \protect{} ?

Phil Miller
iwarp.intel.com

phd_jacquier@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (11/17/89)

>phd_jacquier@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>>I tried to use footnotes inside the tabular environment without success. It
>>does not give any error or warning, but does not write them even though
>>it writes the subscripted number in the text.

> Have you tried enclosing your footnote in a \protect{} ?

I have not tried that. Somebody also told me that he puts the whole tabular
environment inside a minipage environment.

Thanks

EJ