[comp.text] Spanish document style and hyphenation for

federico@actisb.uucp (Federico Heinz) (11/21/89)

  I often need to write documents in Spanish.  As you might suspect,
the standard hyphenation is terrible, and the accent support very
awkward.  I have a German document style from the Technical University
of Vienna that works very well, but doing the same for Spanish looks
like a job beyond my skills as a TeX-beginner.  Are there any
standards regarding such language-specific document styles?  Are there
any Spanish doc styles and hyphenation tables available?  How about
Italian?  I assume I rather not even ask about Esperanto?

  Thanks a lot for any info you can offer
--
               Federico Heinz
"Quien se la habra contau tan cambeada al Jose Hernandez?" -- Inodoro Pereyra

foessmei@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Reinhard Foessmeier) (11/23/89)

In article <FEDERICO.89Nov21134914@actisb.uucp> federico@actisb.uucp (Federico Heinz) writes:

> ... Are there
>any Spanish doc styles and hyphenation tables available?  How about
>Italian?  I assume I rather not even ask about Esperanto?

As far as I know, Mike Urban <urban@rand.org> has some macros that are
very useful for typesetting Esperanto texts (I don't know about Spanish).
I doubt, however, that there are Esperanto hyph tables.  If there are,
I'd be very interested, too!
___
Reinhard F\"ossmeier, Technische Univ. M\"unchen | UNOX is a trademark of
foessmeier@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de |     "Union Deutsche
   [ { relay.cs.net | unido.uucp } ]             | Lebensmittelwerke GmbH"