[comp.text] Postscript --> Anything

nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Nicholas Leon Susch) (11/17/89)

I have seen hundreds of programs that convert other graphics files to
postscript. Is the any programs that convert Postscript to something
else? Prefreable Public Domain programs. Also, is their any Postscript
viewer for SunView? And lastly, what is the difference between PostScript
and Encapsulated Postscript? Thanks!
                       ___________   _______________________________________
   ///\\\      ///  ///             / Nick Susch - University of Rochester /
  ///  \\\    ///  ///________     / nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu      /
 ///    \\\  ///             ///  / nsus_ltd@uordbv.bitnet               /
///      \\\///  ___________///  /____!rochester!ur-cc!nsus_cif_________/

darcy@bbm.UUCP (D'Arcy Cain) (11/18/89)

In article <4091@ur-cc.UUCP> nsus_cif@uhura (Nicholas Leon Susch) writes:
>I have seen hundreds of programs that convert other graphics files to
>postscript. Is the any programs that convert Postscript to something
>else? Prefreable Public Domain programs.
	GNU Ghostscript will.  I havent' got around to installing
	it yet but I am anxious to try it and write a few drivers.

>And lastly, what is the difference between PostScript
>and Encapsulated Postscript? Thanks!
	Encapsulated PostScript is simply PostScript with comments
	in a standard convention so that other programs can incorporate
	one PostScript image in another.  It tells you the boundaries
	of the image as well as who wrote it, the version of PostScript
	expected and other things.  Since the encapsulation is all buried
	in comments, you can send an encapsulated program to a regular
	PostScript device with no change.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain
darcy@(druid,bbm)

thomas@uplog.se (Thomas Hameenaho) (11/27/89)

In article <4091@ur-cc.UUCP> nsus_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Nicholas Leon Susch) writes:

   I have seen hundreds of programs that convert other graphics files to
   postscript. Is the any programs that convert Postscript to something
   else?

You can always try a LaserWriter, it will convert Postscript into paper.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist this one).
--
Real life:	Thomas Hameenaho		Email:	thomas@uplog.se
Snail mail:	TeleLOGIC Uppsala AB		Phone:	+46 18 189406