[comp.text] dvi2lj update

nspl@olivee.olivetti.com (Riccardo Mazza) (12/14/89)

Here    is    the    first     update     of     dvi2lj.      See
<51244@oliveb.olivetti.com>  of  Nov  22  1989,  comp.text.  As I
stated in my original posting I had developed this for local  use
here  at  Olivetti,  and  after  seeing  many requests decided to
release my sources "as is" to anyone who wants them.  I guess  my
first  user  with  a "little-endian" machine was Andre v.d. Vlies
(andre@maestro.htsa.aha.nl) who with his help  had  discovered  a
little  problem  in this regards which I have now fixed.  Porting
on VAX BSD 4.3, SCO i386 UNIX and various 680x0 SYS V systems has
been done.

Fixes also include  the  possibility  to  use  letter-size  paper
(sorry  Americans, these programs have never exited Olivetti, and
in Europe A4 paper dominates).

While debugging,looking at the old sources which I haven't touched
in  a  long  time, I noticed that I used one file "lj.h" and some
control sequences inspired by Rick Richardson of PC Research.  So
I  believe  he  certainly  deserves  credit (his jetroff was very
useful before my TeX era began).

In any case, the sources are there for whomever  wants  them.   I
will  be  leaving  my position here and be off the network by the
end of next week, so anyone thats got anything to say let me know
soon.

The sources can  be  had  by  anonymous  ftp  at:  129.189.192.20
(orc.olivetti.com)
                pub/tmp/dvi2lj1_11.tar.Z
                pub/tmp/lj1_11update.tar.Z

where dvi2lj1_11.tar.Z is the whole thing and  lj1_11update.tar.Z
is only the files I have changed from release 1.10 to 1.11.  Look
at the READMEs and Makefiles.

Sorry for any inconviences. I will certainly  be  glad  with  the
little time left to listen to any problems.

[Note to Rick Richardson: I sent you  a  mail  but  never  got  a
reply]

[Note to Andre: I also sent you immediately the resolution
to the problem but still have got no reply]

Jon Zaid, Ivrea, Italy (39 125 52 8565)

      uunet!amdahl!oliveb!iconet!tom!cgrp
      {european backbone}!i2unix!iconet!tom!cgrp

andre@maestro.htsa.aha.nl ( Andre v.d. Vlies) (12/14/89)

In article <52319@oliveb.olivetti.com> nspl@oliveb.UUCP (Jon Zaid) writes:

 >Here    is    the    first     update     of     dvi2lj.      See
 ><51244@oliveb.olivetti.com>  of  Nov  22  1989,  comp.text.  As I
 >stated in my original posting I had developed this for local  use
 >here  at  Olivetti,  and  after  seeing  many requests decided to
 >release my sources "as is" to anyone who wants them.  I guess  my
 >first  user  with  a "little-endian" machine was Andre v.d. Vlies
 >(andre@maestro.htsa.aha.nl) who with his help  had  discovered  a
 >little  problem  in this regards which I have now fixed.  Porting
 >on VAX BSD 4.3, SCO i386 UNIX and various 680x0 SYS V systems has
 >been done.
 >
 >Fixes also include  the  possibility  to  use  letter-size  paper
 >(sorry  Americans, these programs have never exited Olivetti, and
 >in Europe A4 paper dominates).
 >
 >While debugging,looking at the old sources which I haven't touched
 >in  a  long  time, I noticed that I used one file "lj.h" and some
 >control sequences inspired by Rick Richardson of PC Research.  So
 >I  believe  he  certainly  deserves  credit (his jetroff was very
 >useful before my TeX era began).
 >
 >In any case, the sources are there for whomever  wants  them.   I
 >will  be  leaving  my position here and be off the network by the
 >end of next week, so anyone thats got anything to say let me know
 >soon.
 >
 >The sources can  be  had  by  anonymous  ftp  at:  129.189.192.20
 >(orc.olivetti.com)
 >                pub/tmp/dvi2lj1_11.tar.Z
 >                pub/tmp/lj1_11update.tar.Z
 >
 >where dvi2lj1_11.tar.Z is the whole thing and  lj1_11update.tar.Z
 >is only the files I have changed from release 1.10 to 1.11.  Look
 >at the READMEs and Makefiles.
 >
 >Sorry for any inconviences. I will certainly  be  glad  with  the
 >little time left to listen to any problems.
 >
 >[Note to Rick Richardson: I sent you  a  mail  but  never  got  a
 >reply]
 >
 >[Note to Andre: I also sent you immediately the resolution
 >to the problem but still have got no reply]
[Note to Jon: I DID send you (immediatele) a reply. I think its still on its
way to you]

--
                    Andre v.d. Vlies
                    Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam, The Netherlands