[comp.text] The PiCTeX manual

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (D.A. Hosek) (01/05/90)

In article <1061@zgdvda.UUCP> pfuetz@zgdvda.UUCP (Matthias Pfuetzner) writes:
>I've gotten a version of PiCTeX which contains a file named pictex.dvi.
>This seems to be a sort of manual to PiCTeX. I've been able to look into
>it with dvi2tty, but what I really like to do is:
>preview and print it on my Apollo using 118DPI fonts and on my Imagen
>Laserprinter using 300DPI fonts.

You should delete the copy of pictex.dvi which you have (and anybody else
who has one should delete it as well). That file was distributed by mistake.

The PiCTeX manual is available from the TeX Users Group for $35 (includes
an IBM PC diskette with the macros). The money from the sales of the
manual is the _only_ renumeration Michael Wichura is getting from the
work he put into writing PiCTeX, and it really isn't nice to rip him off
by producing copies of copyrighted material without his consent (which
is what you would be doing by printing the pictex.dvi file).

The address for the TeX Users Group is:
P.O. Box 9506
Providence, RI 02940 (USA)

They can also be reached bia e-mail at tug@math.ams.com

-dh
--
"Odi et amo, quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
   nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior"          -Catullus