[comp.text] own primitives in pic

hbr@elctr.UUCP (Hans B| Randgaard) (01/05/90)

Hello folks.

I have tried to generate a new figure(a rhomb) to work like the
other primitives(circle, box etc.) in pic, but I can't seem to
get it working properly. I can understand from the documentation
that it should be possible to do so by combining the "object block
definitions with "macro" definitions, but the combinations I have
tried didn't function.

Can any of you give me an example which I can hack ?

Thanx in advance

Hans
--
------ Hans Boe Randgaard - ElektronikCentralen - Denmark ------
E-mail:  hbr@elctr.dk, Phone: +45 42 86 77 22, Fax: +45 42 86 58 98

foessmei@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Reinhard Foessmeier) (01/10/90)

In article <143@elctr.UUCP> hbr@elctr.UUCP (Hans B| Randgaard) writes:
>I have tried to generate a new figure(a rhomb) to work like the
>other primitives(circle, box etc.) in pic, but I can't seem to
>get it working properly. I can understand from the documentation
>that it should be possible to do so by combining the "object block
>definitions with "macro" definitions, but the combinations I have
>tried didn't function.
>
>Can any of you give me an example which I can hack ?

Jen ekzemplo por elektronikaj    Here's an example for electronic circuits
cirkvitoj (komentoj germanaj,    (comments in German, unfortunately; the
bedawrinde; la ekzemplo estas    example is from a book i'm preparing):
el libro, kiun mi preparas):

 .PS
 define transistor ' [
     KR: circle rad 0.4            # Kreis
         box width 0.02 height 0.5 at KR
     BA: KR - 0.7,0                # Basisanschlu\(ss
     EM: KR + 0.5,-0.5             # Emitteranschlu\(ss
     KO: KR + 0.5,0.5              # Kollektoranschlu\(ss
         arrow from KR \
             to 0.4 between KR and EM
         line from KR to KO        # Striche
         line from KR to EM        #  zu den
         line from KR to BA        #  Anschl\(u:ssen
     ] '

 define widerstand ' [
     W: box width 0.2 height 0.5 $1    # Kasten, Text $1
        line from W.n up 0.2       # mit zwei
        line from W.s down 0.2     # Anschl\(u:ssen
     ] '

 T1: transistor                           |# Transistor T1
 T2: transistor with .BA at T1.KO         |# T2, Basis an Kollektor
 widerstand("R") with .s at T1.KO         |# Widerstand R
 .PE
Reinhard F\"ossmeier, Technische Univ. M\"unchen | "Sendmail can safely be made
foessmeier@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de | setuid to root" (E. Allman:
   [ { relay.cs.net | unido.uucp } ]             | SM Install&Operation Guide)