[comp.text] verbatimfiles.sty

news@laas.laas.fr (USENET News System) (01/10/90)

Awhile back Chris Rowley posted verbatimfiles.sty either to this
newsgroup or the TeXHaX Digest.  This file allowed the input of whole
files verbatim.  Has anybody gotten it to work with LaTeX?  TeX should
accept it but LaTeX croaks on \@verbatim used in the definition, since
\@ has a special definition for LaTeX.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.
ralph@laas.uucp, or ...!uunet!mcvax!laas!ralph		If all else fails, try:
SOBEK@FRMOP11.BITNET				      sobek@eclair.Berkeley.EDU
Reliable software should kill people reliably! -Andy Mickel, Pascal News #13,78

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (01/10/90)

In article <785@laas.laas.fr> ralph@chagall.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:

>Awhile back Chris Rowley posted verbatimfiles.sty either to this
>newsgroup or the TeXHaX Digest.  This file allowed the input of whole
>files verbatim.  Has anybody gotten it to work with LaTeX?  TeX should
>accept it but LaTeX croaks on \@verbatim used in the definition, since
>\@ has a special definition for LaTeX.

It sounds as if you are loading the file incorrectly. Did you load it as
a document style option or did you simply \input the file? The latter
will _not_ work.

-dh
--
"Odi et amo, quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
   nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior"          -Catullus

ralph (Ralph P. Sobek) (01/12/90)

In article <3716@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) writes:
|  In article <785@laas.laas.fr> ralph@chagall.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:
|
|  >Awhile back Chris Rowley posted verbatimfiles.sty either to this
|  >newsgroup or the TeXHaX Digest.  This file allowed the input of whole
|  >files verbatim.
|
|  It sounds as if you are loading the file incorrectly. Did you load it as
|  a document style option or did you simply \input the file? The latter
|  will _not_ work.

You are probably right, but because I couldn't get TEXINPUTS properly
defined I simply did an \input.  Eventhough, I did manage to solve
the problem by encapsulating verbatimfiles.sty in the following:

\catcode`\@=11\relax
\catcode`\@=12\relax

That's all!  Thanks.