[comp.text] Metafont for the PC ?

st@trillian (02/02/90)

!st

Hello,

is there a Metafont for the PC ?  Can I get it via ftp ?
                               Stefan

Stefan         st%trillian.irb@unido.UUCP
Timphus        st@trillian.irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
               Phone: +49 231 755 4663

presnell@stat.fsu.edu (Brett Presnell) (02/03/90)

>Hello,
>
>is there a Metafont for the PC ?  Can I get it via ftp ?
>                               Stefan

ME TOO, PLEASE!  Brett
e-mail address: presnell@stat.fsu.edu

csav@uta.fi (Arto V. Viitanen) (02/05/90)

In article <797@stat.fsu.edu> presnell@stat.fsu.edu (Brett Presnell) writes:
>>Hello,
>>
>>is there a Metafont for the PC ?  Can I get it via ftp ?
>>                               Stefan
>>
>ME TOO, PLEASE!  Brett
>e-mail address: presnell@stat.fsu.edu

I asked this same question some times ago. It seems only working Metafont for
PC is DosMF, which you can get with DosTeX2.93a.

You can receive DosTeX from Jon Radel by post (the old one, not the e-one).
There are several ordering options, so here is one that suites those who are
from U.S :

-	send Jon formatted floppies (7 for DosTeX)
-	send $1.50 per floppy
-	A SASE with enough postage on it for disks, plus two ounces worth.

I you don't like send money, or you are not from U.S, ask Jon further
instructions.

Jon's address is

Jon Radel
P.O. Box 2276
Reston, VA 22090-0276 USA

(p.s. I think Jon Radel's email address is jonradel@bogey.princeton.edu)

--
Arto V. Viitanen				       email: csav@kielo.uta.fi
University Of Tampere,				   	       av@ohdake.uta.fi

st@trillian (02/05/90)

!st

In article <1948@laura.UUCP> st@trillian.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Stefan Timphus) writes:
>is there a Metafont for the PC ?  Can I get it via ftp ?
>                               Stefan

My signature contained an obsolete email address.
Sorry if any answers by mail bounced. Here is the right one :

Stefan         st%trillian@unido.UUCP
Timphus        st@trillian.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
               Phone: +49 231 755-4663

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (02/06/90)

>>>is there a Metafont for the PC ?  Can I get it via ftp ?

>I asked this same question some times ago. It seems only working Metafont for
>PC is DosMF, which you can get with DosTeX2.93a.

Some time ago, DosMF was the only _public domain_ MF. There has been out for
an even longer time, PCMF (from Personal TeX, makers of PCTeX) which was
written by Doug Henderson and is of high quality (although it does cost
a few $$$).

In TUGboat 10#3, Klaus Thull announced the availability of PubliC MF,
(based on his PubliC TeX code). This program is rather slow, but comes
with source code. It should be available from Jon Radel in the near
future.

>You can receive DosTeX from Jon Radel by post (the old one, not the e-one).
>There are several ordering options, so here is one that suites those who are
>from U.S :

>-	send Jon formatted floppies (7 for DosTeX)
>-	send $1.50 per floppy
>-	A SASE with enough postage on it for disks, plus two ounces worth.

>I you don't like send money, or you are not from U.S, ask Jon further
>instructions.

>Jon's address is

>Jon Radel
>P.O. Box 2276
>Reston, VA 22090-0276 USA

>(p.s. I think Jon Radel's email address is jonradel@bogey.princeton.edu)

This is indeed Jon Radel's e-mail address, however: (1) he will not have
it for long, and (2) it is a long-distance call for him to log onto this
system, so you may want to write to save him money.

The address for Personal TeX is
  12 Madrona Avenue
  Mill Valley, CA 94941 (USA)
  Phone: 415-388-8853
  FAX: 415-388-8865

Their products are also available from the TeX Users Group (along with
11 suppliers in Australia, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Mexico,
Scandinavia and the UK). The address for TUG is:
  TeX Users Group
  P.O. Box 9506
  Providence, RI 02940-9506
  Phone: 401-751-7760
  E-mail: TUG@MATH.AMS.COM

(TUG products will shortly be available in Europe through Aston
University, contact Peter Abbott, ABBOTTP@ASTON.AC.UK for details
of this).

-dh
--
"Odi et amo, quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
   nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior"          -Catullus

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (02/07/90)

In my last posting, I forgot one more commercial MF for the PC: TurboMF
is sold with TurboTeX. The cost is $150 for executables only, $300 for
executables + source. I don't have the address handy, so if somebody
could post it, I'd appreciate it.

-dh
--

oc@vmp.UUCP (Orlan Cannon) (02/09/90)

In article <4192@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) writes:
> ... TurboMF
> is sold with TurboTeX. The cost is $150 for executables only, $300 for
> executables + source. I don't have the address handy, so if somebody
> could post it, I'd appreciate it.

Kinch Computer Company
501 South Meadow Street
Ithaca, NY 14850

(607) 273-0222
FAX (607) 273-0484

I use this package and am very satisfied with it.

--
--Orlan Cannon                            ...!uunet!vmp!oc
  Video Marketing & Publications, Inc.    vmp!oc@uunet.uu.net