[comp.text] complete TeX sources

lawf@kitchen.bae.bellcore.com (Lawrence Fan) (02/07/90)

Can anyone tell me where I can find the complete TeX source
to be build on a Sun 3/60 running OS 4.0 ?  I need everything;
source and fonts and whatever else.  What I like when I finished
is to be able to compile TeX files and convert them to dvi files.
Thanks.

Lawrence Fan
lawf@kitchen.bae.bellcore.com

mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) (02/10/90)

6) Unix TeX.

You can purshase a tape containing everything you need to build TeX on
Unix systems from the Universtiy of Washington.

         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
         | Local | Local | Canada | Canada |   Overseas    | Overseas  |
         |  UPS  |  DHL  |  UPS*  |Airborne|Air Parcel Post|DHL Courier|
         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
 magtape |$140.00|$148.00|$140.00 |$160.00 |    $160.00    |  $170.00  |
         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
cartridge|$165.00|$173.00|$165.00 |$185.00 |    $185.00    |  $195.00  |
         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
        *NOTE: UPS shipments to Canada only available to Province of
               Ontario and to metropolitan areas of Montreal, Vancouver
               and Victoria.

Checks should be in U.S. dollars, payable to The University of Washington,
(IRS Tax number 91-6001537) and sent to:

	The Director
	Northwest Computing Support Center,
	35D Thompson Hall, DR-10
	University of Washington
	Seattle, Washington 98195

This archive is available on labrea.stanford.edu in pub/tex/unix for
those who like ftp.
--

Michael DeCorte // H215-546-0497 W386-8164 Fax386-8252 // mrd@clutx.bitnet
2300 Naudain St. "H", Phil, PA 19146 // mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (02/10/90)

In article <MRD.90Feb9191845@image.clarkson.edu> mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) writes:

>You can purshase a tape containing everything you need to build TeX on
>Unix systems from the Universtiy of Washington.
>
>         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
>         | Local | Local | Canada | Canada |   Overseas    | Overseas  |
>         |  UPS  |  DHL  |  UPS*  |Airborne|Air Parcel Post|DHL Courier|
>         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
> magtape |$140.00|$148.00|$140.00 |$160.00 |    $160.00    |  $170.00  |
>         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
>cartridge|$165.00|$173.00|$165.00 |$185.00 |    $185.00    |  $195.00  |
>         |-------|-------|--------|--------|---------------|-----------|
>        *NOTE: UPS shipments to Canada only available to Province of
>               Ontario and to metropolitan areas of Montreal, Vancouver
>               and Victoria.

Just a hint for anyone taking advantage of this offer from Canada:

DON'T USE UPS ACROSS THE BORDER!

Their customs clearance methods are slow and painful. They will call you
from Detroit and demand that you pay their customs clearance charges (or
else you'd better have your own broker there). This charge applies even
if there is not duty or FST applicable.

Even Air Parcel Post is better than UPS...
--
Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
   evan@telly.on.ca / {uunet!attcan,utzoo}!telly!evan / (416) 452-0504

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (02/11/90)

In article <MRD.90Feb9191845@image.clarkson.edu> mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) writes:
>6) Unix TeX.

>You can purshase a tape containing everything you need to build TeX on
>Unix systems from the Universtiy of Washington.

One thing that should be noted is that the money from Unix tapes is used
to support the Unix TeX support people at U Wash and further Unix TeX
development. If your site can buy the tape, do so. You'll be helping to
insure that there is a Unix TeX distribution in the future.

-dh
--
"Odi et amo, quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
   nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior"          -Catullus