[comp.text] ibm pc PD/Shareware Spell Checker

allred@ut-emx.UUCP (Kevin L. Allred) (04/12/90)

Could someone please send me info on any PD or Shareware spell
checkers that are avialable for IBM PC's.  I am hoping to find
something like ispell.  Please include information about where the
file can be found.  I will post a follow up with the info in a few
weeks.

Thanks in advance.

--

	Kevin Allred
	allred@emx.cc.utexas.edu

In article <28066@ut-emx.UUCP> allred@ut-emx.UUCP (Kevin L. Allred) writes:

   Could someone please send me info on any PD or Shareware spell
   checkers that are avialable for IBM PC's.

Part of the Galahad package is a spell checker called "Guenevere".
It's on grape.ecs.clarkson.edu, information about which was posted to
comp.archives.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
Violence never solves problems, it just changes them into more subtle problems

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (04/13/90)

>In article <28066@ut-emx.UUCP> allred@ut-emx.UUCP (Kevin L. Allred) writes:
>
>   Could someone please send me info on any PD or Shareware spell
>   checkers that are avialable for IBM PC's.

Try the just released version (/pc/ts/)tspell23.arc available by
anonymous ftp from chyde.uwasa.fi, Vaasa, Finland.  I think that we
have others, too, but please look at our directory files for more
details.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)