Date: Fri, 3 Aug 90 14:42 MET
From: CGL%RUG.NL@UWAVM.ACS.WASHINGTON.EDU
Subject: Final program SGML-TeX conf. 31 Aug, Groningen.

Program seminar, some courses, how to get there               Version 3/8/90

Program      TeX-SGML seminar 31 aug 1990, Groningen

 9.00 - 10.00 Welcome, registration, coffee
10.00 - 10.15 Opening
10.15 - 11.00 Language technology and the future of text automation
              Gerard Kempen (KUN)

11.00 - 11.30 Coffee
11.30 - 12.15 Two faces of text            SGML at European Patent Office
              Joop van Gent (KUB)          Terry Rowlay (EPO)
12.15 - 13.00 TeX and electronic exchange  Aspects of a marriage: SGML and TeX
              Malcolm Clark (ICRF)         Tibor Tscheke (Univ Wurzburg)

13.00 - 14.00 Lunch

14.00 - 14.45 Getting TeXnical             Publishing with TeX and LaTeX:
              Amy Hendrickson              a crash course
              (TeXnology Inc.)             Sake Hoogeveen (UvA)
14.45 - 15.15                              14.45 - 15.30
              Documentstyle designer as    SGML applications in the building
              a separate entity            and construction industry
              Victor Eijkhout, Andries     K.L. Oey (TNO)
                     Lenstra (KUN)
15.15 - 15.45 WG13 activities: Babel etc.
              Johannes Braams
              (Neher lab. PTT)

15.45 - 16.00 Tea                          15.30 - 16.00 Tea

16.00 - 16.45 TUGboat production:          SGML and TeX at
              TeX, LaTeX and paste-up      Elsevier Science Publishers
              Barbara Beeton (TUG/AMS)     Jeroen Soutberg(ESP)

16.45 - 17.30 SGML and TeX: Reflections
              Manfred Kruger (MID)
Last minute speakers added as an extra
17.30 - 18.00 Future of LaTeX3.?            Presentation rules and rules
              Frank Mittelbach              of composition in the formatting
                                            of complex text
                                            Richard Southall(Rank Xerox)

17.30 -       Cocktail party

All day: Vendor/Demonstration booths

Note: Conference language is changed into English

The costs are:
          DFL. 75,- (members (+ members any TeX Users Group))
              150,- (nonmembers)
               25,_ (students)

Registration: Koen Mulder, SGML Holland Users Group
                           Postbus 1148, 6801MK, Arnhem, The Netherlands
                           Giro 2905269

Information: C.G. van der Laan (cgl@rug.nl)

--------------  Courses  --------------------

SGML
Orientation/introduction SGML (28 August)      Dfl  475,-
Hands-on passive knowledge SGML (29-30 August)      900,-
Hands-on active knowledge SGML (3-4 Sept.)          900,-

TeX                                            Non-profit   profit Organization
TeX intermediate (28-29-30 August)             Dfl  750,-   1250,-
TeX advanced (3-4-5 Sept)                           750,-   1250,-
(Members any TeX users Group 20% discount)

Registration c.q. information see above.

--------------  How to get there?  --------------------

                                                           Version 2/8/90
SGML-TeX-seminar 31 Aug, 1990

How to arrive at University Centre at Paddepoel, Groningen?

Address: Zernike Gebouw: Landleven 12, Postbox 800, 9700AB, Groningen
         Rekencentrum:   Landleven 1 , Postbox 800, 9700AV, Groningen

From Schiphol (airport) to Groningen
Take a train (direct) to Groningen. From Groningen at railway station take
bus no 5 direction (University Complex) Paddepoel (end of line);
it takes about half an hour.
A taxi will take about 10 minutes.

By car
General local reference point:  roundabout (`Martinihal', `Stadspark')

From roundabout (`Martinihal', `Stadspark')
Follow direction Zuidhorn.
Turn right at Pleiadenbrug direction Paddepoel (Pleiadenlaan).
Second lights turn left (Shopping centre; Zonnelaan).
Continue and you will end up at University Centre Paddepoel.

From direction Assen (South), Hoogezand (East) or Drachten (West)
Follow direction Zuidhorn (Periferal highway).
Signs will direct you North at roundabout. (See further at from roundabout)

Map (schematically)
                  ________
  N              |  _  _  |
W + E            | |_ZG_| |  Zernike Gebouw
  S              |   |  . ||
                 |   || . || Chemistry
     Univ. Compl |   || . ||
     Paddepoel   |   || . |
                 |RC|.... |
                 |      . |Guards|
                 |______ _|                    ^ Enlarged
                        ^                      |
                        | Zonnelaan            |
     ____________       |    __________________________________
                        |                                       /
                        |                                      /Bedum
      Zuidhorn      __________________________________________/
     <-------------|    .                                     |
                   |    .                                     |
               ... + ....(Pleiadenlaan)                       |Periferal
                   |                                          |     Road
                   |                Downtown                  |
                   |          .  Railway St.             .    |
    Drachten       | MH       .                          .    |
   <---------------O__________________________________________|
            Round   .         +                          +
              about .         |                          |
                    .         |                          |  Hoogezand
                              | Assen                    \
                              v                           \

</quote>
<sig>
Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv@math.lsa.umich.edu>
comp.text.sgml	ISO 8879 SGML, structured documents, markup languages
			yes votes to sgml-yes@math.lsa.umich.edu
			 no votes to  sgml-no@math.lsa.umich.edu
</sig>