[comp.text] troff 3 column output

ray@vantage.UUCP (Ray Liere) (10/03/90)

I have been trying (unsuccessfully so far) to write a troff macro that
will do 3 column output on a page. I started with .2C (2 column output)
from the -mm library.

I have developed a nice set of macros that do unusual things to text ...
but not what I want to do!

Does anyone have a .3C that they would be willing to share?

THANKS!!

Ray Liere
Vantage Consulting and Research Corporation
voice: (503)657-7294
uucp: uunet!nwnexus.WA.COM!vantage!ray
       -or-
      uunet!nwnexus!vantage!ray
       -or-
      hplabs!hpubvwa!hpupora!vantage!ray
Internet: ray%vantage@nwnexus.WA.COM

sakkinen@tukki.jyu.fi (Markku Sakkinen) (10/08/90)

In article <210019@vantage.UUCP> ray@vantage.UUCP (Ray Liere) writes:
>I have been trying (unsuccessfully so far) to write a troff macro that
>will do 3 column output on a page. I started with .2C (2 column output)
>from the -mm library.
>
>I have developed a nice set of macros that do unusual things to text ...
>but not what I want to do!
>
>Does anyone have a .3C that they would be willing to share?

The -me macro package from Berkeley (included in BSD) has a multi-column
macro.  It's called '.2c', but you can give the desired number of columns
as an optional argument.  Try to get '-me'; I think it is in essentially
free distribution.

Markku Sakkinen
Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
University of Jyvaskyla (a's with umlauts)
Seminaarinkatu 15
SF-40100 Jyvaskyla (umlauts again)
Finland
          SAKKINEN@FINJYU.bitnet (alternative network address)