[comp.text] WordPerfect 5.1 Question

ccefhh@rivm05.rivm.nl (Frits v.den Heuvel) (10/10/90)

We have a pc wich is connected to an automatic dataswitch.
The pc now has 2 possibilities to print out files, postscript and
hplaserjet. The data switch needs a prefix to switch to either
postscript- or laserjet printer. The prefix in my case is @SETUP5 or
@SETUP6. Is there a clue for WP5.1 end users, to make their work a lot
easier? I've read TFM on it, but there are still lots of actions you
have to run through. Does anybody who's familiar with macro's have a
good hint for it???      Thanks in advance....... Frits........
|                                                                              |
|       /====  /    /  Frits van den Heuvel.                                   |
|      /      /    /   Rijks Instituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieuhygiene   |
|     /===   /====/    P.O. box 1    3720 BA   Bilthoven.                      |
|    /      /    /     The Netherlands.     Email --> ccefhh@rivm.nl           |
|   /      /    /                                                              |
|                                                                              |

teexnma@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Nino Margetic) (10/12/90)

In article <1990Oct10.101610.25771@rivm.nl> ccefhh@rivm05.rivm.nl (Frits v.den Heuvel) writes:
>We have a pc wich is connected to an automatic dataswitch.
>The pc now has 2 possibilities to print out files, postscript and
>hplaserjet. The data switch needs a prefix to switch to either
>postscript- or laserjet printer. The prefix in my case is @SETUP5 or
>@SETUP6. Is there a clue for WP5.1 end users, to make their work a lot
>easier? I've read TFM on it, but there are still lots of actions you
>have to run through. Does anybody who's familiar with macro's have a
>good hint for it???      Thanks in advance....... Frits........

As I understand it, you have to modify the *.ptr programs, ie the
printer drivers. This can be done by using the PTR.EXE programs
supplied with the WP5.1. You will have to add your string (@SETUP5 or
@SETUP6) into the "Initialization String" section for each of the
respective printer drivers. Once you modify the drivers, the only
thing you have to do is to re-select the appropriate driver before
using it.
Hope this helps.

--Nino
--