[comp.text] nroff -me for the pc

cyj9h@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (che' m.c.) (11/07/90)

Does anyone here know of a port of nroff, neqn, tbl and the me macros
to the pc?  I have heard of groff <- can it be compiled on a pc?

thanks

-charles
cyj9h@virginia.EDU

"wordperfect?  hah!"

lark@tivoli.UUCP (Lar Kaufman) (11/08/90)

In article <1990Nov7.155958.29402@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> cyj9h@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (che' m.c.) writes:
>Does anyone here know of a port of nroff, neqn, tbl and the me macros
>to the pc?  I have heard of groff <- can it be compiled on a pc?

Image Network has ported xroff to MS DOS.  I don't know the full set of
features available or the cost, sorry.  You can call them at 1-800-TO-XROFF.

I, too, would be interested in knowing whether anyone has ported groff to
DOS or Coherent on the PC.

-lar

kg@elan.Elan.COM (Ken Greer) (11/12/90)

From article <1990Nov7.155958.29402@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, by cyj9h@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (che' m.c.):

> Does anyone here know of a port of nroff, neqn, tbl and the me macros
> to the pc?  I have heard of groff <- can it be compiled on a pc?

NROFF/PC at $149, is available from:
                           Elan Computer Group, Inc.
                          888 Villa Street, 3rd Floor
                            Mountain View, CA 94041