[comp.text] DWB - what is the current version?

steve@cs.hw.ac.uk (Steven Salvini) (01/25/91)

Hi - can anyone tell me current version of the Documenter's Workbench and
from where I can get the source.

Many thanks,
Steve.

Steven Salvini 79 Grassmarket   JANET       steve@uk.ac.hw.cs
Heriot-Watt University          Internet    steve%cs.hw.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Computer Science                NSFNET      steve%cs.hw.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
EDINBURGH EH1 2HJ Scotland U.K. EARN/BITNET steve%cs.hw.ac.uk@UKACRL
Phone  (+44) 31 225 6465 (x455) UUCP        steve%cs.hw.ac.uk@ukc.uucp

npn@cbnewsl.att.com (nils-peter.nelson) (01/28/91)

In article <2052@odin.cs.hw.ac.uk>, steve@cs.hw.ac.uk (Steven Salvini) writes:

> Hi - can anyone tell me current version of the Documenter's Workbench and
> from where I can get the source.

DWB 3.1 is the most recent source version. It is available to
universities at a steep discount from:
USL Licensing	(800) 828-8649	FAX 919 855-2753 phone 919 855-2737
There is a European office which should be able to ship it
directly:
AT&T UNIX\(rg Software Operation Europe
Ealing Broadway
London W5 2DB, England
441-567-7711

All known binary versions are based on DWB 2.0, released in 1985.
I can e-mail a complete list of differences between 2.0 and 3.1
to anyone who is interested, but the most salient difference
is PostScript support and simplified font handling.
Try npn@research.att.com if return address fails.