[comp.text] Where can I ftp pic

news@leuze-owen.de (News Administrator) (03/06/91)

Hello Networld,
I am looking since a while for pic, a simple picture
preprocessor for troff.
I looked around at several ftp-servers but I can't
find it.
Can anyone tell me where to find pic ?
(I am definitely NOT looking for tpic or cpic)
Thank you,
Fritz

cag@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu (Chris Gantz) (03/07/91)

In article <1858@leuze-owen.de> news@leuze-owen.de (News Administrator) writes:
>Hello Networld,
>I am looking since a while for pic, a simple picture
>preprocessor for troff.
>I looked around at several ftp-servers but I can't
>find it.
>Can anyone tell me where to find pic ?
>(I am definitely NOT looking for tpic or cpic)
>Thank you,
>Fritz

Hi,

I would like to know about where I can get pic as well...
Thanks in advance

--
Chris Gantz				Internet: cag@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu
Dept. of Math & Computer Science		  cgantz@diana.cair.du.edu

eugene@nas.nasa.gov (Eugene N. Miya) (03/08/91)

> ftp of pic

The last time I looked: I recall you licensed it as part of the
AT&T Documenter's WorkBench (DWB) for a few thou ($$US).  You might be able
to get it via the AT&T Toolchest.  Ask AT&T.

--e. nobuo utsunomiya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@orville.nas.nasa.gov
  {uunet,mailrus,other gateways}!ames!eugene
  AMERICA: CHANGE IT OR LOSE IT.

csd35@seq1.keele.ac.uk (Jonathan Knight) (03/08/91)

From article <1991Mar7.181508.1783@nas.nasa.gov>, by eugene@nas.nasa.gov (Eugene N. Miya):
> The last time I looked: I recall you licensed it as part of the
> AT&T Documenter's WorkBench (DWB) for a few thou ($$US).  You might be able
> to get it via the AT&T Toolchest.  Ask AT&T.

Absolutely true, however for those with a C++ compiler (either g++ or
cfront 2.0) collect the groff package from your local GNU archive.
It contains a DWB3.1 compatible troff, tbl, eqn and pic.  It produces ascii,
X11 windows, dvi or postscript output.
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan@uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk@ukacrl Department of Computer Science