[comp.text] DWB 3.2 Availability

npn@cbnewsl.att.com (nils-peter.nelson) (05/01/91)

We have completed DWB 3.2 development and testing.
Source will be available from USL, probably in late June.
In a lightning turnaround, AT&T Computer Systems will be
making binaries available for the 3B2, 6386 and System 7000
in May, thus leapfrogging the 3.1 release they had planned
to make. Abstract is below. Follow-ups to the net or to
npn@mhpo.att.com.

       UNIX System DOCUMENTER'S WORKBENCH Software (Release 3.2 )

           Version 3.2 will run under UNIX SVR4 as well as
           earlier releases.  It includes: international
           character set support; a new, more accurate
           hyphenation algorithm; merging of System V, BSD and
           other -man macros; the -mpm page makeup package; a
           re-write of tbl; several new PostScript (Adobe
           Systems, Inc.)  utilities; streamlined PCL fonts;
           Picasso  picture inclusion; and various minor
           improvements and bug fixes.

bruce@balilly (Bruce Lilly) (05/03/91)

[ comp.sys.3b1 added to Newsgroups in the hope of garnering more support ]

In article <1991Apr30.193527.11981@cbnewsl.att.com> npn@cbnewsl.att.com (nils-peter.nelson) writes:

>We have completed DWB 3.2 development and testing.
>Source will be available from USL, probably in late June.
>In a lightning turnaround, AT&T Computer Systems will be
>making binaries available for the 3B2, 6386 and System 7000
>in May, thus leapfrogging the 3.1 release they had planned
>to make. Abstract is below. Follow-ups to the net or to
>npn@mhpo.att.com.

Any chance of binaries for the AT&T 3B1 (a.k.a. 7300)?
Please?

--
	Bruce Lilly		blilly!balilly!bruce@sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM

npn@cbnewsl.att.com (nils-peter.nelson) (05/06/91)

AT&T Computer Systems specifically declined to market
a 3B1 version of DWB 3.1 or 3.2.

jcdixon@cbnewse.att.com (jack.c.dixon) (05/07/91)

From article <1991May6.150159.26731@cbnewsl.att.com>, by npn@cbnewsl.att.com (nils-peter.nelson):

> AT&T Computer Systems specifically declined to market
> a 3B1 version of DWB 3.1 or 3.2.

That's too bad.  I would have liked to get it for my 3b1 at home.
Donna J. Dixon
{ ...!att!spock!donna, donna@spock.att.com }