[comp.text] LaserJet escape sequences

gls@corona.ATT.COM (Col. Sicherman) (05/11/91)

Can anybody interpret these LaserJet(R) escape sequences for me?

	ESC & k ... G
	ESC & k ... H

	ESC & l ... C
	ESC & l ... T
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
gls@corona.att.COM

leland@cs.columbia.edu (Lee Woodbury) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May10.234311.14793@cbnewsh.att.com> gls@corona.ATT.COM (Col. Sicherman) writes:
>Can anybody interpret these LaserJet(R) escape sequences for me?

If I'm interpreting the PCL Printer Language Reference Guide in
The LaserJet Handbook (2nd edition, Bennett & Randall) correctly,
the answers are as follows:

>	ESC & k ... G

ESC & k # G
	Line Termination
	Instructs the printer how to handle various standard printer
	control codes such as carriage return (CR), line feed (LF),
	and form feed (FF).
	# has four possible values, as shown:

	# =	CR =		LF =		FF =
	------	--------------	--------------	--------------
	0	CR		LF		FF
	1	CR + LF		LF		FF
	2	CR		CR + LF		CR + FF
	3	CR + LF		CR + LF		CR + FF

>	ESC & k ... H

ESC & k # H
	Cursor Positioning, Horizontal Motion Index
	Sets the column width in 1/120ths of an inch.
	# = number of 1/120 of an Inch

>	ESC & l ... C

ESC & l # C
	Cursor Positioning/Vertical Motion Index
	Sets the line width in 1/48ths of an inch.
	# = number of 1/48 of an Inch

>	ESC & l ... T

ESC & l # T
	Paper Control, Job Offset (LaserJet Model 500).
	Causes the Model 500 to separate sequential print job
	by offsetting the output stacking.
	# has two possible values, as shown:

	# = 0	Stack in normal position.
	# = 1	Stack in offset position.

>Col. G. L. Sicherman
>gls@corona.att.COM

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Leland Woodbury
--
INTERNET: leland@cs.columbia.edu
  USENET: ...!columbia!cs.columbia.edu!leland