[comp.text] Grammar-spell checker

jsr@dit.upm.es (Joaquin Salvachua) (06/20/91)

 We are looking for some tool to help writte correct English paper,
not only checking the spelling, but also some of the grammar.

 Any of you have ever heard of something like that?

 we work on Unix platform and LaTex.

    Thanks in advance

Joaquin Salvachua               tel: +34 1 549 57 00  x.367
                                     +34 1 549 57 62  x.367
dpt. Telematica
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicacion
Ciudad Universitaria            fax: +34 1 543 20 77
E-28040  MADRID                 tlx: 47430 ETSIT E
SPAIN

E-mail:        jsalvachua@dit.upm.es
Alternatives:  jsalvachua@goya.uucp

fred@compu.com (Fred Rump) (06/21/91)

jsr@dit.upm.es (Joaquin Salvachua) writes:

        .>We are looking for some tool to help writte correct English paper,
        .>not only checking the spelling, but also some of the grammar.
        .>we work on Unix platform and LaTex.

        'Right Writer' is available for the SCO UNIX/Xenix platform. I'm
        not sure about other UNIXes.

        Fred

--
Fred Rump              | 'A little learning is a dangerous thing/Drink deep
CompuData, Inc.        | or taste not the Pierian spring'    Alexander Pope

gerhart@donner.sw.mcc.com (Susan Gerhart) (06/22/91)

*StyleStar*
for VMS and other VAX systems (in progress for PCs).
Contact: United Research Corporation, 428 Hill Street, Suite 21, Santa Monica
	213-392-5421

wyle@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch (Mitchell Wyle) (06/28/91)

In <JSR.91Jun20132315@chinchon.dit.upm.es>
jsr@dit.upm.es (Joaquin Salvachua) writes:

> We are looking for some tool to help writte correct English paper,
>not only checking the spelling, but also some of the grammar.

so are we :-)

We currently detex the latex, and send it through grammatik (mac & pc).

> Any of you have ever heard of something like that?

Not on SunOS. me too.