[net.periphs] SMD-SCSI controllers?

bdale@winfree.UUCP (Bdale Garbee) (07/20/86)

Does anyone know of a decent SMD card for the SCSI bus?  I've got a system with
SCSI disk interfacing that I'd like to add some really big disks to, speed
being less of an issue than space.

Alternatively, are there any good ESDI or other solutions?  We're looking for
max disk space for minimum bucks here.

Bdale

bill@stride.UUCP (Bill Rainey) (07/26/86)

Try the Adaptec ACB-5580 SCSI to SMD controller. Their address and
phone is
	Adaptec, INC.
	580 Cottonwood Drive
	Milpitas, CA 95035
	(408) 946-8600
--

	Bill Rainey
	Stride Micro

ron@brl-sem.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (07/26/86)

In article <70@winfree.UUCP>, bdale@winfree.UUCP (Bdale Garbee) writes:
> Does anyone know of a decent SMD card for the SCSI bus?  I've got a system with
> SCSI disk interfacing that I'd like to add some really big disks to, speed
> being less of an issue than space.

It would be amusing if anyone actually did this.  SCSI is a disk bus
that in theory can be operated at the same speeds as SMD.

-Ron