[comp.unix.wizards] networking lib

josh@hi.UUCP (Josh Siegel) (05/14/87)

In article <517@iscuva.UUCP> davids@iscuva.UUCP (David Schmidt) writes:
>Under Ultrix 1.2 (BSD 4.2), what is the best way to set up
>multiple, concurrent read requests?  I would like to set up
>a routine that can respond to either a keyboard character or
>a network character without having to poll both reads (which
>would burn up a LOT of cpu time).

Every time I mention my networking package,  I get attacked with requests
for it.  I posted it less then a month ago.  Still,  I will post it again
with some bug fixes very soon via comp.sources.unix.

To answer the question...

You have two choices here in how you wish to go.  You can set up
a signal to be sent when the keyboard is used or you can use the
select() command and watch them both at the same time.

The networking library has some good examples of this stuff.. :-)

--
Josh Siegel		(siegel@hc.dspo.gov)
	It's a 9mm hand gun... useful for killing people...