[comp.unix.wizards] modem control on DHV11 and DZQ11

ron@asic001.UUCP (Ron Werther) (05/25/87)

> -Guy Middleton, University of Waterloo MFCF/ICR, gamiddleton@watmath
>writes:
>We have a Microvax-II with a DHV11.  We're using the DHU driver from
>Berkeley, running 4.3BSD.  The DHV passes its hardware diagnostics perfectly.
>However, when the system is running, the DHV completely ignores modem
>controls (DTR, CTS, RTS and DCD).  Debug code in the driver shows that the
>board thinks it is asserting DTR at the right times (when in fact DTR is
>*never* raised).  Also the board never sees DCD.  Has anybody else seen
>this?  We're starting to get a bit annoyed here...

The problem discribed by Guy Middleton above also affect our systems:
	microvax II with DHV11 running Ultrix 1.2

	but same problem shows up when using DZQ11 boards

this situation is very inconvinient because you never can detect
if a printer or plotter is switched off.
Because the systems thinks there is a working device on
that tty-line, your output get lost.

Has anybody solved this problem ?

-ron
--
Ron Werther   PA3DSO             |          /~~~/   /~~~        /~~~
Advanced Silicon Corporation     |         /   /   /       *   /