[comp.unix.wizards] TeX ==> PostScript

lubkin#david%e.mfenet@NMFECC.arpa (09/10/87)

Sorry to revive old business but when the subject was last discussed,
I had no interest in the answer.  Now I do.  Does anyone know of
commercial or public domain TeX to PostScript translators?  Please
respond to jenness%mfe@nmfecc.arpa .  No sense in putting this stuff
on the list again.

   -- David Lubkin
      National Magnetic Fusion Energy Computer Center
      Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

      lubkin%mfe@nmfecc.arpa

las@msudoc.ee.mich-state.edu (Larry A. Sheilds {runs Lunapark}) (09/13/87)

 I also am looking am looking for  dvi program that produces
 PostScript output.  Perfer C source but would be happy to hear about
 anything that is available.
     ==larry

---------------------------
LARRY SHIELDS                        UUCP: ...!ihnp4!msudoc!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields
E. Lansing, MI 48823                 Compuserve: 70277, 3677

BBS: lunapark 1200/2400 8-1-N  24hrs 7 days a week  (517) 337-3844 login: bbs

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (09/15/87)

In article <78@nancy.UUCP> las@msudoc.UUCP (=P^ZAZPPPYPYXU	zQYhBYPYo^O) writes:

> I also am looking am looking for  dvi program that produces
> PostScript output.  Perfer C source but would be happy to hear about
> anything that is available.

The standard Unix TeX distribution (U. of Washington) comes with a program
called dvi2ps that does what you want.  We have been using it with great
success for over a year.  The distribution tape costs $75 if you can't find
a copy.

Fred Sullivan
Department of Mathematical Sciences
State University of New York at Binghamton
Binghamton, New York  13903
Email: sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu