[comp.unix.wizards] removal from mailing list

root%asu.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET (Root) (01/23/87)

Please remove the following users from your mailing lists:

	deforest@asu
	vening@asu

kono@cod.nosc.MIL (03/04/87)

-------
Please remove my name from mailing list

Thank You,
kono
-------

drears@ARDEC.arpa (03/04/87)

   I don't mean to be nasty but can't something be done to people
who send messages like this:

 -> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 87 09:01:01 PST
 -> From: Michael Kono <kono@COD.NOSC.MIL>
 -> To: unix-wizards@BRL.ARPA
 -> Subject: Removal from mailing list
 ->
 -> -------
 -> Please remove my name from mailing list
 ->
 -> Thank You,
 -> kono
 -> -------
 ->

to the maillist as opposed to mailist-request.  It's one thing to
do it to request to the list. However, it is another thing after you've been
on it.  The last couple of weeks there have been have been a lot of
these.  It's just a pet peeve of mine.

Dennis

bzs@bu-cs.bu.EDU (03/05/87)

>   I don't mean to be nasty but can't something be done to people
>who send messages like this:
> [request to be removed from mailing list follows]

No. Education. Digesting maybe. Not really. Sending a gripe to the
whole list just doubles the noise however (this triples it!) Perhaps
administrative issues should be sent to "unix-wizard-request".

	-Barry Shein, Boston University

avolio@decuac.UUCP (03/05/87)

In article <4733@brl-adm.ARPA>, drears@ARDEC.arpa (FSAC) writes:

>    I don't mean to be nasty but can't something be done to people
> who send messages like this:
>
>  -> Please remove my name from mailing list
>  ->
>  -> Thank You,

Yeah!  It bugs me too!  Let's remove them from the mailing list!!
That'll show 'em!

Fred.

tjsober@sandia-2.arpa (10/07/87)

This is my third request to be removed from the UNIX-WIZARDS mailing
list. Please remove tjsober@sandia-2.arpa from the list.

------

tjsober@sandia-2.arpa (10/07/87)

This is my third request to be removed from the UNIX-WIZARDS mailing
list. Please remove tjsober@sandia-2.arpa from the list.
------

tjsober@sandia-2.arpa (10/08/87)

This is a blanket reply to the mass quantities of mail I have been
receiving concerning my request to be removed from the unix-wizards
mailing list. I KNOW I'm using the wrong address (theoretically), but
I have tried using the correct address for two months now and have
obviously had no luck. I'm hoping this will draw some attention
to the problem and finally get my name removed.

To those of you who wished me luck, Thank You.

(I'll need it)

Tim J. Sobering
tjsober@sandia-2.arpa
------

@atlas.UUCP (/) (10/09/87)

In article <9672@brl-adm.ARPA> tjsober@sandia-2.arpa writes:
>This is my third request to be removed from the UNIX-WIZARDS mailing
>list. Please remove tjsober@sandia-2.arpa from the list.

As with all Internet mailing lists, you should send such requests
to the appropriate -REQUEST address, in this case
	UNIX-WIZARDS-REQUEST@BRL.MIL
This is assuming that you receive your UNIX-WIZARDS mail directly
from BRL rather than via some downstream redistibutor.  If the latter,
contact the redistributor, as BRL can't do anything about it in that
case.  In any case, don't send list maintenance messages to the list
itself, because that will automatically send it to all the subscribers
around the world, costing a bundle and annoying them for no good reason.