	From: MARSELLE%gmr.com@relay.cs.net
	Subject: sending mail from uucp to csnet
	Date: Thu, 3 Dec 87 16:38 EST

	Can anybody tell me what pathname someone at a uucp site
	needs to use to send mail to me at a csnet site?

	The sender is at ihnp4; my csnet address is marselle@gmr.com.

	thanks,

	Jim Marselle
	GM Research Labs

People on UUCP can reach hosts on CSNET via relay.cs.net.  Route the
mail via a UUCP site that is also connected to the internet such
as Harvard or Berkeley.  so ...

	ihnp4!..!harvard!marselle%gmr.com@relay.cs.net

Leo

OWENSJ%VTVM1.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (John Owens) (12/06/87)

>    ihnp4!..!harvard!marselle%gmr.com@relay.cs.net

This has a high probability of failure, since some of the uucp nodes that
it will pass through might look at the address and give the @ precedence.
The way to route to domain addresses through UUCP is to use domain!user
syntax.  Also, the UUCP->Internet gateways all support MX records,
so you don't need to specify relay.cs.net explicitly:

   ihnp4!...!harvard!gmr.com!marselle

        -John Owens                     +1 703 961 7827
        Virginia Tech   Communications Network Services
        OWENSJ@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU      OWENSJ@VTVM1.BITNET