[comp.unix.wizards] Time management system wanted for UNIX

james%unix.computer-science.manchester.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK (12/07/87)

Recently I was asked to 'obtain' a time management system for our VAX8600
(running BSD4.3). The need for such a system is to enable a secretary to
schedule meetings with professors, etc without having to consult them or
their paper diaries but simply to look at their electronic calanders and
search for a convenient time slot for all involved.

So far I only know of ones for an IBM mainframe, the SUNs or VMS.
Does anyone know of a "public domain" version or one that will run under
U*X ??

James Moir

*=============================================================================*
* James P Moir,                  |    UNIX Systems Manager                    *
* Dept of Computer Science,      |                                            *
* The University of Manchester,  | Tel:   (+44) 61 273 7121 Ext 5549          *
* Oxford Road, Manchester        | JANET: james@uk.ac.man.cs.ux               *
* M13 9PL,                       | UUCP:  ...!mcvax!ukc!man.cs.ux!james       *
* UNITED KINGDOM.                | ARPA:  james%uk.ac.man.cs.ux@cs.ucl.ac.uk  *
*=============================================================================*

ries@trwrb.UUCP (Marc Ries) (12/08/87)

  Can I say it? Huh? Huh?

  "This and followups should be directed to comp.sources.wanted"

  What?  Your on ARPAnet and can't get there?  Oh well, I couldn't
  get back to you either...

In article <10696@brl-adm.ARPA> K>@brl-adm.ARPA writes:
>Recently I was asked to 'obtain' a time management system for our VAX8600
>(running BSD4.3). The need for such a system is to enable a secretary to
>schedule meetings with professors, etc without having to consult them or
>their paper diaries but simply to look at their electronic calanders and
>search for a convenient time slot for all involved.
>
>So far I only know of ones for an IBM mainframe, the SUNs or VMS.
>Does anyone know of a "public domain" version or one that will run under
>U*X ??

  The only set of "freebie" time/date/meeting management programs
  is  the  loosely  coupled set known as "month, appt, sched, nag
  and remind"

  Month runs under BSD, SYSV, and XENIX(V7&S5).  Appt  and  sched
  run  under  BSD,  maybe SYSV and not on XENIX(V7).  If you want
  more info or sources, you can contact me:

--
		Marc A. Ries

		sdcrdcf!---\
                ihnp4!------\----- trwrb! --- ries

neil@uunet.UU.NET (Neil Todd) (12/23/87)

*>From: James Moirjames <james@uk.ac.man.cs.ux>
*>MMDF-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at Ist.co.uk
*>Date: Fri Dec 13 1:06:19 1980
*>To: UNIX-WIZARDS@arpa.brl
*>Subject: Time management system wanted for UNIX
*>Sender: unix-wizards-request@uk.ac.ucl.cs.nss
*>
*>Recently I was asked to 'obtain' a time management system for our VAX8600
*>(running BSD4.3). The need for such a system is to enable a secretary to
*>schedule meetings with professors, etc without having to consult them or
*>their paper diaries but simply to look at their electronic calanders and
*>search for a convenient time slot for all involved.
*>
*>So far I only know of ones for an IBM mainframe, the SUNs or VMS.
*>Does anyone know of a "public domain" version or one that will run under
*>U*X ??
*>
*>James Moir

Look in the EUUG Manchester proceedings, there was something there, but
the reference escapes me.

Neil