[comp.unix.wizards] increasing the number of iostat-monitored drives in 4.3BSD

andrey@arizona.edu (Andrey K. Yeatts) (01/08/88)

	I'm about to increase the number of drives monitored by
our VAX 4.3BSD+NFS system from the generic four to seven or so by
changing the define

#define	DK_NDRIVE	4

to 7 (or perhaps 8).  The code appears to autoconfigure itself
properly without further hacking, as does iostat(1).  Does anyone
have any caveats or dire predictions?  (I realize this is a rather
conservative question, but why not?)

chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) (01/08/88)

In article <3388@megaron.arizona.edu> andrey@arizona.edu (Andrey K.
Yeatts) writes:
>#define	DK_NDRIVE	4
>to 7 (or perhaps 8).

8 works fine.  32 *should* work, although I have not dared it yet
(for we have no more than 8 drives on each machine).