[comp.unix.wizards] 'awk'

chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) (03/15/88)

A friend of mine has a T-shirt with ...:

In the background, there is a plane going down.
In the foreground, we see a bird wearing a parachute.
Underneath is the line:

	awk: bailing out near line 1

twb@hoqax.UUCP (BEATTIE) (03/16/88)

In article <10647@mimsy.UUCP>, chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
> In the background, there is a plane going down.
> In the foreground, we see a bird wearing a parachute.
> Underneath is the line:
> 	awk: bailing out near line 1

I have this T-shirt also.
I got it several years ago from a place called:
	The Independent UNIX Bookstore

I suspect they no longer exist.
Tombo.

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (03/18/88)

In article <10647@mimsy.UUCP>, chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>> In the background, there is a plane going down.
>> In the foreground, we see a bird wearing a parachute.
>> Underneath is the line:
>> 	awk: bailing out near line 1

I believe that Jim Joyce's UNIX(tm) Bookstore might carry it.  (If
not, let him know that there may be a demand to have them at next
USENIX.)

47 Potomac St., SF, CA, 94117
415-626-7581

I don't work for them.  Just passing on info.  Heck, I can't even get
on his mailing list!

Fred