[comp.unix.wizards] Parodies

In article <16097@brl-adm.ARPA>, rbj@icst-cmr.arpa (Root Boy Jim) writes:
> Repeat after me:
> 		We all live in a signal trampoline...

All right, you asked for it.  Here's my contribution.  Some of you may
know how mis-designed or mis-configured PACX systems tend to eat
control characters (commonly ^S and ^Q)....I was walking around the
house one day with tunes running through my head and this more or less
fell into place for me.

1 2 3 4
1 2
Let me tell you how it will be
There's 1 for you, 15 for me
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
Should two control chars seem too few
Be thankful any at all get through
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
If you dial from home, the pacx is there		I'm not happy
If you blue-box in, it's in your hair			with these four
And hardwired lines are awfully rare			lines - any
So no matter what, there's a pacx right there		suggestions?
PACX MAN
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
Don't ask me why I munch those chars
(Uh-uh, Mr. Ritchie...)
If you don't want to connect to Mars
(Uh-uh, Mr. Joy...)
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
And my advice for EMACS users
PACX MAN
Is to use vi like the rest of the lusers
PACX MAN
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
And you're typing to no one but me...
(PACX MAN...)

[Reference version of TAX MAN: _Revolver_ CD, CDP 7 46441 2 (DIDX 1481)]

Note the Followup-To: header.  I couldn't think of a decent place to
point it, since this has nothing to speak of to do with UNIX and I
don't read r.m.b, r.a.p, or r.h nearly as regularly as c.w.u....  Mail
is the most reliable if you want me to see your reply.

					der Mouse

			uucp: mouse@mcgill-vision.uucp
			arpa: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

rbj@ICST-CMR.ARPA (Root Boy Jim) (06/16/88)

? From: der Mouse <mouse@mcgill-vision.uucp>
?
? All right, you asked for it.  Here's my contribution.  Some of you may
? know how mis-designed or mis-configured PACX systems tend to eat
? control characters (commonly ^S and ^Q)....I was walking around the
? house one day with tunes running through my head and this more or less
? fell into place for me.
?
? 1 2 3 4
? 1 2
? Let me tell you how it will be
? There's 1 for you, 15 for me
? 'Cause I'm the PACX MAN

How about "'Cause I'm the PACX, man"?

? (Uh-uh, Mr. Ritchie...)

It's "Hah hah Mr. X"

And while we're doing the Beatles, here's one on "Yesterday"

Leprosy
All my skin is falling off of me
I'm not half the man I used to be
Oh how did I get Leprosy?

Syphilis
It all started with a little kiss
Now it even hurts to take a piss
Oh how did I get Syphilis?

OK, you want some technical content? Here's one on "Ship of Fools",
by the Grateful Dead from Mars Hotel, reissued on CD:

                Chip of Fools  (8086 Family)

                Forrest Cook            1988

        Sung to the Hunter-Garcia tune "Ship of Fools"

Ran a C compiler, strangest I could find,
Couldn't make a large array cross your segment line
I won't slave to set your page, likewise learn your rules
but I would slave to learn the way to halt your chip of fools

Refrain ()
{
        Chip of fools, on a Pee Cee
        Chip of fools, snail away from me
        It was later than I thought when you quit compiling,
        Now I cannot read your core dump chip of fools
}

Saw your first chip sync and burn from programs that I wrote
All that could not sink or source were just left there to float
I won't leave you looping there but oh it makes me wild
Thirty hours upon my code, so little data filed

Refrain ();

The bottleneck is empty as it was filled before
Time there was a plenty to run that code no more
Though I could not caution all, you know I still might warn a few
Don't lend your code to set no flags within no chip of fools

Refrain ();

? 					der Mouse
?
? 			uucp: mouse@mcgill-vision.uucp
? 			arpa: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj@icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?

gil@limbic.UUCP (Gil Kloepfer Jr.) (06/17/88)

[Parodies by previous authors deleted]
|>? 					der Mouse
|>?
|>? 			uucp: mouse@mcgill-vision.uucp
|>? 			arpa: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
|>
|>	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj@icst-cmr.arpa>
|>	National Bureau of Standards
|>	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
|>	The opinions expressed are solely my own
|>	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
|>	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?

Here's one that came from a friend of mine a long time ago...

			"Oh, PDP"
		(Sung to the tune of "Oh, Christmas Tree")

	Oh PDP, Oh PDP
	We know you crash consistently.

	Oh PDP, Oh PDP
	We know you crash consistently.

	Not only in the daytime bright
	But when I'm on from home at night.

	Oh PDP, Oh PDP
	We know you crash consistently.

Well, it's short but cute.  Hope you enjoyed it.

| Gil Kloepfer, Jr.                  | Net-Address:                           |
| ICUS Software Systems              | {boulder,talcott}!icus!limbic!gil      |
| P.O. Box 1                         | Voice-net: (516) 968-6860              |
| Islip Terrace, New York  11752     | Othernet: gil@limbic.UUCP              |