[comp.unix.wizards] What Shell Functions Are Defined

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (09/29/88)

Is there a way to find out what shell functions are currently defined?
I feel like I must be missing something basic - possibly I lost this
knowledge when I had my wisdom teeth pulled last week. :-)

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl

fst@mcgp1.UUCP (Skip Tavakkolian) (10/01/88)

In article <1480@ssc.UUCP>, fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
> Is there a way to find out what shell functions are currently defined?
> --
> Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
>     uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl

Use ``set'' with no args. It should come after all the environment vars.

Sincerely
--
Fariborz ``Skip'' Tavakkolian
UUCP	...!uw-beaver!tikal!mcgp1!fst

UNIX is a registered trademark of AT&T

jinli@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Jin Li) (10/03/88)

In article <1480@ssc.UUCP> fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
>Is there a way to find out what shell functions are currently defined?

Bourne shell:
	1) "less .profile" if you have not (re)define anything yet
	2) try "set"

C shell:
	1) how about "less .login"
	2) "set"

try "env" for current environment variables' value

--
Jin Li at University of Toronto Computing Services>>
						 << Gin & Tonic mix well.

gwyn@smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) (10/03/88)

In article <1480@ssc.UUCP> fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
>Is there a way to find out what shell functions are currently defined?

"set" with no arguments will do this.
Unfortunately it also shows shell variables at the same time.