[comp.unix.wizards] Henry Spencer

In article <351@intelisc.UUCP>, joel@intelisc.UUCP (Joel Clark) writes:
< In article <2494@pixar.UUCP> rta@pixar.UUCP (Rick Ace) writes:
< >In article <6638@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, kramer@bionette.CS.ORST.EDU (Jack Kramer - CMBL) writes:
< >> I would like to continue reading this group but all the clutter takes
< >> up too much time.  Is there any way to filter out messages from
< >> particular persons such as Henry Spencer.
< >That fact that Henry Spencer devotes his time to contribute quality
< >articles to this newsgroup is one of the principal reasons I still
< >devote my time to read it.
< I'll second that!!!   And add Chris Torek along with Henry Spencer.

Well, Spencer's ARTICLES are okay.  What I suspect this guy wants (and I'd
welcome too) is a way to dump his @#$%^&*()! SIGNATURE....
--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MINE ONLY
| Bell Labs Area 61 (R.I.P., TTY)|  AND ARE NOT TO BE IMPUTED TO AT&T.
|        Skokie, Illinois        |
|-----Path:  att!ttbcad!levy-----|

In article <2944@ttrdc.UUCP>, levy@ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
> Well, Spencer's ARTICLES are okay.  What I suspect this guy wants (and I'd
> welcome too) is a way to dump his @#$%^&*()! SIGNATURE....

I like his signature... it's a bit smaller than yours. But I tend to read
articles by Spencer, Torek, Dan Levy, and a few others even in subjects
I'm skipping. Another Henry Spencer vote except when he's getting my goat
by ignoring the main thrust of someone's article to jump on a nit.
--
Peter da Silva  `-_-'  Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
"Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?"            peter@ficc.uu.net

In article <1687@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>... Another Henry Spencer vote except when he's getting my goat
>by ignoring the main thrust of someone's article to jump on a nit.

Argh!  Grossly improper English usage!  One does not "jump on a nit",
one "picks a nit"!

--
The meek can have the Earth;    |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
the rest of us have other plans.|uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu