[comp.unix.wizards] Three papers on Internet worm available via FTP

rsk@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Rich Kulawiec) (12/10/88)

The papers by Gene Spafford, Donn Seeley, and Jon Rochlis and the MIT
Athena folks, are all available via anonymous FTP from j.cc.purdue.edu.
They're in the directory "pub", and are named thus:

tour.n		-- Donn Seeley's paper on the Internet worm (nroff -me)
tr.gene		-- Gene Spafford's paper on the Internet worm (Postscript)
tr.jon		-- MIT Athena's paper on the Internet worm (Postscript)

"tour.n" is about 80 blocks long; the other two are around 300 blocks long.
Please, if at all possible, try to retrieve these late at night or
early in the morning, to avoid loading down our machine during peak
production periods.

Rich

mikej@cpmain.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) (12/15/88)

In article <1306@mace.cc.purdue.edu> rsk@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Rich Kulawiec) writes:
>The papers by Gene Spafford, Donn Seeley, and Jon Rochlis and the MIT
>Athena folks, are all available via anonymous FTP from j.cc.purdue.edu.
>They're in the directory "pub", and are named thus:

Is there a place where us .UUCP folks can get a copy of these reports?
--
                Michael R. Johnston - @NET: mikej@cpmain.uucp
...{cmcl2!phri!,uunet!}dasys1!cpmain!mikej || ...philabs!mergvax!cpmain!mikej

sscott@camdev.UUCP (Steve Scott) (12/17/88)

In article <342@cpmain.UUCP> mikej@cpmain.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) writes:
>In article <1306@mace.cc.purdue.edu> rsk@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Rich Kulawiec) writes:
>>The papers by Gene Spafford, Donn Seeley, and Jon Rochlis and the MIT
>>Athena folks, are all available via anonymous FTP from j.cc.purdue.edu.
>>They're in the directory "pub", and are named thus:
>
>Is there a place where us .UUCP folks can get a copy of these reports?
>--
>                Michael R. Johnston - @NET: mikej@cpmain.uucp
>...{cmcl2!phri!,uunet!}dasys1!cpmain!mikej || ...philabs!mergvax!cpmain!mikej

I would definitely be interested, too.  Not all folks have internet
access.  Could we make some sort of a "quasi" convention that says that
if you advertise something on anonymous ftp that it also be available in
comp.unix.sources (or some other newsgroup?)

This would be muchly appreciated

Steve Scott            UUCP: {killer|texbell}!camdev!sscott
Motorola, Inc.         Telephone : 1-817-232-6317