[comp.unix.wizards] Korn shell source

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (02/17/89)

  Where do I get Korn shell source. I have the original (7 bit version)
and the ksh-i (8 bit) version. When I called the toolchest they seem to
be selling the 1.0 version, which we already have. Is the version on the
toolchecst really a later version and just the description didn't get
updated? I can't see spending $3k to find out.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)

lvc@cbnews.ATT.COM (Lawrence V. Cipriani) (02/17/89)

In article <13158@steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:

>  Where do I get Korn shell source. I have the original (7 bit version)
>and the ksh-i (8 bit) version. When I called the toolchest they seem to
>be selling the 1.0 version, which we already have. Is the version on the
>toolchecst really a later version and just the description didn't get
>updated? I can't see spending $3k to find out.

The AT&T Toolchest is the only provider for the AT&T ksh source code to
customers outside of A&T.

The 11/16/88 version of ksh, as described in "The KornShell Command and
Programming Language", has just been finished.  It should be real soon
now for the source code to be available in the Toolchest.  This is the
version of ksh that will be UNIX SVR4.
--
Larry Cipriani, att!cbnews!lvc or lvc@cbnews.att.com

ekrell@hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) (02/17/89)

The Toolchest will be distributing the latest version of ksh (that's
ksh '88, the one that's described in the book) shortly. I believe
the source was sent to Toolchest yesterday or the day before.
It's really not worth to get a pre-'88 version of ksh at this point;
wait until they install the new one.

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell@ulysses.att.com

andrew@uel.uel.co.uk (Andrew Josey) (03/01/89)

In article <11230@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>, ekrell@hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:
> The Toolchest will be distributing the latest version of ksh (that's
> ksh '88, the one that's described in the book) shortly.

Ksh-88 is now available from the Toolchest.

For details of how to get more details see below , to skip press N now :-)

Ksh-88 is available in the UNIX(R) System Toolchest, which in Europe
is available from AT&T Unix Europe.
Information about the toolchest may be retrieved automatically by mailing
to tc-info@uel.uucp with the subject field set to the information you require.

For example to get an index of available information use the subject index, e.g.
$mailx mcvax!uel!tc-info
subject: index
EOT

To get details of the changed features in the new korn shell use a subject
field of ksh-88

--
 Andrew Josey,	AT&T Unix Europe, a Division of the Unix Software Operation
 International House, Ealing Broadway, London W5 5DB, England, UK