[comp.unix.wizards] load average over n/w

rajeevc@oriley.intel.com (05/06/89)

 I am looking for ideas on how to get the load average of
 a remote host, I am running Sunos40 on 386is on a network.
 Because of the broadcasting nature of rwhod (etc..etc..) we
 dont have that going..oes anybody know how to do this using
 rpcgen...

 Thanks,

 Rajeev

 rajeev chandrasekhar    <<theres someoe in my head, but its not me..>>
 intel corp,             {hplabs,oliveb,..}!intelca!oriley!rajeevc

leadley@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Scott Leadley) (05/09/89)

In article <4047@mipos3.intel.com> rajeevc@oriley.intel.com () writes:
 I am looking for ideas on how to get the load average of
> a remote host, I am running Sunos40 on 386is on a network.
>                 ...[d]oes anybody know how to do this using
> rpcgen...

	Check out rup(1c).  Don't the broadcast query feature (rup without
a hostname argument) in scripts.
--

					Scott Leadley - leadley@cc.rochester.edu