[comp.unix.wizards] comp.unix.wizards archives?

bb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) (11/17/89)

Is this newsgroup archived?  I recently read an overview of a shell
script designed to check a number of security holes.  It was posted
within the last month and a half.  I would really appreciate either
a mailed copy of that message, or a pointer to an archive.

Brian Bartholomew	UUCP:       ...gatech!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!bb

rcd@ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) (11/18/89)

bb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) writes:
> Is this newsgroup archived?...

No.  Instead, everything recirculates every month or so; you just have to
stay tuned for a bit and the information you need will come around again.
(For example, I see that the "how do you pronounce vi?" discussion is just
starting up again.:-)
--
Dick Dunn     rcd@ico.isc.com    uucp: {ncar,nbires}!ico!rcd     (303)449-2870
   ...Keep your day job 'til your night job pays.

ka@cs.washington.edu (Kenneth Almquist) (11/25/89)

rcd@ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:
> bb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) writes:
>> Is this newsgroup archived?...
>
> No.  Instead, everything recirculates every month or so; you just have to
> stay tuned for a bit and the information you need will come around again.
> (For example, I see that the "how do you pronounce vi?" discussion is just
> starting up again.:-)

That's probably the most efficient approach, but to answer the original
question, articles for the last two years or so are archived in the file
PS:<BBOARD>UNIX-WIZARDS.TXT on sri-nic.arpa.  I believe that the list
administrator (unix-wizards-request@brl.arpa) has older archives stored
off line.
				Kenneth Almquist

unix-wizards-request@BRL.MIL (UNIX Wizards) (11/27/89)

      Good afternoon,

   Actually, I gave up keeping archives after volume 5 of the digests.
At the moment, I keep only the current volume.  The primary reason for
keeping it is to satisfy the requests for digests which went into the
bit bucket.  About one month after changing volumes, the old volume
is flushed.

--for Mike Muuss,
				Later,
				    Bob