[comp.unix.wizards] pc emulatior

rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Budi Rahardjo) (12/01/89)

Ok, there is a program called "SOFTPC" that emulates IBM on a MacII.
Now ... thinking of this, it should be possible to write a program that
does the same thing for Sun machines (for example).

So, you wizzards .... can you do that ? Can you give me a pointer ?
--
Budi - VLSI Lab.     | rahardj@ccu.UManitoba.CA
Electrical Eng.      | rahardj@ccm.UManitoba.CA

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (12/02/89)

In article <1989Dec1.134629.23217@ccu.umanitoba.ca> rahardj@ccu.UManitoba.CA (Budi Rahardjo) writes:
>Ok, there is a program called "SOFTPC" that emulates IBM on a MacII.
>Now ... thinking of this, it should be possible to write a program that
>does the same thing for Sun machines (for example).

SoftPC.  Insignia is the name of the company who makes it.  It
emulates *DOS* which is probably what you meant by "IBM".  Works great
on ULTRIX on VAXes and RISC machines.  Very nice under X11 on same.  I
don't know if they make a version for SunOS and NeWS.

Insignia is located in Sunnyvale, CA.

Fred

stailey@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov (Ken Stailey) (12/07/89)

Soft PC can make a 25 MHz 68030 run like a PC XT with a Norton SI of 3.5

INET stailey@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov
UUCP {backbone}!dftsrv!iris613!stailey