[comp.unix.wizards] patches?

geoff@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (03/27/91)

Hello...

	How do you apply a patch to a unix source file?

-Geoff

rbj@uunet.UU.NET (Root Boy Jim) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Mar27.115811.381@vax1.mankato.msus.edu> geoff@vax1.mankato.msus.edu writes:
>Hello...
>
>	How do you apply a patch to a unix source file?

With (surprise) patch! Available for anonymous FTP almost everywhere,
including here in /pub/patch.tar.Z, about 73K.

Mostly, you will want to use context diffs. Have fun.
--
		[rbj@uunet 1] stty sane
		unknown mode: sane

duplain@rtf.bt.co.uk (Andy Duplain) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Mar27.115811.381@vax1.mankato.msus.edu> geoff@vax1.mankato.msus.edu writes:
>Hello...
>
>	How do you apply a patch to a unix source file?

	RTFM

--
British Telecommunications PLC, Customer Systems, Brighton, United Kingdom.

jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (George Jefferson ) (04/03/91)

:>
:>	How do you apply a patch to a unix source file?
:
:	RTFM

No manual entry for patch.
--