[comp.unix.wizards] Accounting software?

mcdonald@aedc-vax.af.mil (Kenneth McDonald C60244 x3413) (06/20/91)

I am looking for a public domain accounting package that will allow me to
replace the accounting facilities on our Silicon Graphics 4D240's & PI's.
I need the capability to set up charge codes for things such as disk usage,
memory usage, & cpu usage.  I also need the capability to charge these back to
a specific project my users are working on.

Is there anything out there on the net that has these capablilities?
Or is there any commercial software that will do this?
(if so, where).

Thanks.

haral@unisol.uucp (Haral Tsitsivas) (06/26/91)

In article <27261@adm.brl.mil> mcdonald@aedc-vax.af.mil (Kenneth McDonald C60244 x3413) writes:
>I am looking for a public domain accounting package that will allow me to
>replace the accounting facilities on our Silicon Graphics 4D240's & PI's.
>I need the capability to set up charge codes for things such as disk usage,
>memory usage, & cpu usage.  I also need the capability to charge these back to
>a specific project my users are working on.
>
>Is there anything out there on the net that has these capablilities?
>Or is there any commercial software that will do this?
>(if so, where).
>
>Thanks.

If you are interested in a commercial product, look into our UNISOL Jobacct
(tm) software...  It performs project accounting (actual cost or
proportional) and keeps track of the following resources:

* connect time,                 * memory usage (kilo-core minutes),
* disk usage,                   * pages printed,
* cpu usage,                    * network I/O operations, and,
* disk I/O operations,          * miscellaneous charges.

Reports can be produced for one, many or all machines on the network.  Setup
and maintenance of the application can be done from the command line or
though a user-friendly menus/forms management interface which simplifies the
configuration of JobAcct control tables and the generation of standard
and/or ad-hoc reports.  Release 2.0 is also available with an X-Windows user
interface.

--
--Haral Tsitsivas
  UniSolutions Associates