[comp.sources.wanted] The pathalias program?

mnc@m10ux.UUCP (MHx7002 ) (11/12/86)

Could someone please send me the source to the pathalias program?  Thank
you.
--
Michael Condict		vax135!m10ux!mnc
AT&T Bell Labs		(201)582-5911    MH 3B-416

--

root@wcpsc.UUCP (Admin) (11/18/86)

> Could someone please send me the source to the pathalias program?  Thank
> you.
> --
> Michael Condict		vax135!m10ux!mnc
> AT&T Bell Labs		(201)582-5911    MH 3B-416
> Murray Hill, NJ
>
> --
> Michael Condict		vax135!m10ux!mnc
> AT&T Bell Labs		(201)582-5911    MH 3B-416
> Murray Hill, NJ

Better yet, could whoever has a copy of the pathalias program post it
on the net for all to see and use ?

Thank you.

Newcomer on the net ... Damian Anderson

   ____   _______   _____   _______     -------     Damian Anderson
  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------   Systems Administrator
 | (__) |   | |    \  \ \_\   | |    -======------  Washington CPSC, AT&T
 |  __  |   | |    /   \ __   | |    --====-------  5575 Sterrett Place
 | |  | |   | |   |  (\ / /   | |     -----------   Columbia, MD 21044
 |_|  |_|   |_|    \_____/    |_|       -------     (301) 740-5516

  BITNET : pq438c@gwuvm.BITNET
  UUCP   : ..!akgua!cpsc53!wcpsc.UUCP!anderson

ekb@ho3cad.UUCP (Eric K. Bustad) (11/19/86)

> > Could someone please send me the source to the pathalias program?  Thank
> > you.
> Better yet, could whoever has a copy of the pathalias program post it
> on the net for all to see and use ?

Pathalias was posted to mod.sources earlier this year and is available
from the mod.sources archives on a number of systems.  See mod.sources
article <516@mirror.UUCP> for instructions on how to get access to the
archive on the AT&T system "cuae2".  If this article has expired on your
system, I'd be happy to mail you a copy.

= Eric Bustad
  AT&T Bell Laboratories
  Holmdel NJ 07733-1988
  (201)949-6257
  ekb@ho3cad.ATT.COM or ihnp4!ho3cad!ekb

dan@maccs.UUCP (Dan Trottier) (11/20/86)

In article <109@wcpsc.UUCP> root@wcpsc.UUCP (Admin) writes:
>> Could someone please send me the source to the pathalias program?  Thank
>> you.
>> --
>> Michael Condict		vax135!m10ux!mnc
>> AT&T Bell Labs		(201)582-5911    MH 3B-416
>> Murray Hill, NJ
>>

>Better yet, could whoever has a copy of the pathalias program post it
>on the net for all to see and use ?
>
>Thank you.
>

>Newcomer on the net ... Damian Anderson

Me three! We missed the January?? posting (we weren't connected yet )-:)

Can anybody send me some information on {sm}mail, I'm sooooo  connnnfusssed!

Thanx.

Dan Trottier                    utcs!lsuc!maccs!dan
Dept. of Comp. Sci. & Systems   (614) 525-9140  Ext 3444
McMaster University,
Hamilton, Ontario.

rs@mirror.UUCP (11/20/86)

Pathalias is available from your nearest mod.sources archives;
when in doubt, contact mirror!sources-request.  It is the habit/
practice/policy/prejudice/bold-presumption of the mod.sources
moderator(s, present and past) that sources are never re-posted,
except when a new release is available.

Hope this helps,
	/Rich $alz,
	Moderator Thereof
--
Rich $alz					"Hi, mom!"
Mirror Systems, Cambridge Massachusetts		rs@mirror.TMC.COM

guido@mcvax.uucp (Guido van Rossum) (11/24/86)

Pathalias can also be found in the user distributed software on the 4.3
BSD tape (for those lucky enough to have received one!).

root@lucifer.UUCP (root) (11/27/86)

In article <124@maccs.UUCP>, dan@maccs.UUCP (Dan Trottier) writes:
> In article <109@wcpsc.UUCP> root@wcpsc.UUCP (Admin) writes:
> >> Could someone please send me the source to the pathalias program?  Thank
> >> you.

Me too.  I was not yet a site on the net.  Thanks.

David Ornstein
sysop
{seismo,ihnp4}!mirror!lucifer!root
--
1
2

campbell@maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) (11/28/86)

pathalias was posted to mod.sources.  Thus, it is available from the
mod.sources archives.  If you don't archive mod.sources locally, or are
new to the net, ask your neighbors.  If they don't have what you're
looking for, then ask one of the mod.sources archive sites (which are
listed in a periodic index posting to mod.sources).  Please don't clog
the net with requests for, or worse -- repostings of programs which
have already been posted to mod.sources and which are available through
the archive mechanism.

For the benefit of sites who are new to the net, here is an excerpt from
the latest archive index article (August 25) I have here.
From: sources-request@mirror.UUCP
Newsgroups: mod.sources
Subject: v07INF2:  Complete Listing of Mod.Sources Archive (index.2)
Date: 25 Aug 86 20:11:56 GMT
Sender: rs@mirror.UUCP

Several sites below will send tapes through the mail.  For those sites,
send a 1/2" mag tape WITH RETURN POSTAGE and RETURN MAILER.  Tapes
without postage or mailer will not be returned.  No other methods (COD,
etc.) are available; please don't ask.

1.  Rick Adams (rick@seismo.CSS.GOV) provides archive access to those on the
    Internet.  Access is available directly via anonymous ftp (Outside of
    9am-7pm EST M-F.) The files are in a directory mod.sources, then a
    sub-directory Volume[1-6]. They are named as closely as possible to the
    names in the Index.  Files that have not been assigned a "short name"
    reside in the directory sources/mod temporarily.  Send tape, mailer,
    and postage to Rick at:
        Center for Seismic Studies
        1300 North 17th Street, Suite 1450
        Arlington, VA 22209-3871

2.  Internet sites may also retrieve archives from j.cc.purdue.edu via
    anonymous ftp (1800-0800 EST only, please).  The archive is in the
    directory mod.sources, subdivided into Volume1, etc.  Each
    directory will have a file named Index detailing its contents.
    Chances are that the archive size will grow beyond the available
    disk space; if it does, they will keep the most recent volume(s)
    in the ftp directory, while storing older volumes elsewhere.  A
    README file will be created in the directories of misplaced volumes
    with instructions on how to get at sources from those volumes.
    This is being managed by Rich Kulawiec (Wombat), pucc-j!rsk,
    rsk@asc.purdue.edu.  People having trouble may want to try FTP'ing
    to purdue-asc.arpa.

3.  The CSNET CIC has been doing a fair amount of work to bring their
    automated retrieval up-to-speed.  They now have a complete archive,
    and are making things available as they quickly as possible (they
    have special legal restrictions on what they can distribute, so
    everything may not be available).  Look in the latest issue of
    the CSNET Forum, or contact the CSNET CIC at cic@sh.cs.net.

4.  Pyramid Technology has an archive arranged topically, and in compressed
    tar files.  They are happy to take new UUCP connections.  They are also
    somewhat willing to make tapes for people to come by and pick up,
    provided you call WELL in advance and bring lunch money.  This is being
    managed by Claudia Dimmers and/or Carl Gutekunst.  Contact
    pyramid!usenet for more info.

5.  Robert Elz (kre@munnari.OZ) keeps mod.sources in different ways
    depending on his available disk space; contact him for more info.

6.  Ron Heiby has an archive on-line, and will soon have "anonymous UUCP"
    access; contact usenet@cuae2.ATT.COM for more info.

7.  Tom Patterson at Washington University can make 800/1600/6250 BPI
    tar tapes.  If you give him a "real good reason," he can also make
    1600 BPI VMS BACKUP or ANSI tapes.  Send your tape, mailer, and postage
    to Tom at:
	    Engineering Computer Lab, Bryan 509
	    Lindell & Skinker Blvd
	    Washington University
	    St. Louis, MO 63130
    For best results, first send mail to wucs!archive (you stand a better
    chance of getting processed quickly that way).

8.  Jim Thompson (otto!jim) can make 1600 and 6250 tar and cpio tapes,
    as well as VMS backup in a real pinch.  He will also provide a
    temporary UUCP login for interested parties (2400 baud expected soon).
    His postal address is:
	    Jim Thompson
	    2551 Green Valley Pkwy
	    Henderson, Nv. 89015
	    (702) 454-4636
9.  Of course, I have a complete set of archives.  I can mail individual
    postings, make files available for UUCP, and will send tapes (1600
    BPI tar; 6250 or cpio in a crunch).  Last time I checked, it cost
    about $5 to send a 2400' tape across the country in a padded envelope
    via first-class mail.
Note: the "I" in (9) above refers to the mod.sources moderator
(sources-request@mirror.UUCP), not me (campbell@maynard.BSW.COM).
--
Larry Campbell       MCI: LCAMPBELL          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
UUCP: {alliant,wjh12}!maynard!campbell      120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109