[comp.sources.wanted] Directory Tree display/printer

srp@ethz.UUCP (Scott Presnell) (11/24/86)

Hello,
I have an interest in a program that will display the oragnization of a
directory tree in UNIX (or MSDOS). This program would hopefully handle
links, etc. If possible the program should be written in 'C'.
I am mainly interested in the algorithm to parse and display such a tree
so any program that sounds similar would be of interest to me too.
Barterers welcome.

--
-----------

Scott Presnell  Eidgnoessische Technische Hochschule, Zuerich (ETH-Zentrum)
		Labor Fuer Organische Chemie
		Universitaetsstrasse 16
		CH-8092 Zuerich Switzerland.

uucp:		...seismo!mcvax!cernvax!ethz!srp     (srp@ethz.uucp)
earn/bitnet:	Benner@CZHETH5A

dennisg@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Dennis Grittner) (12/03/86)

In article <415@ethz.UUCP> srp@ethz.UUCP (Scott Presnell) writes:
>Hello,
>I have an interest in a program that will display the oragnization of a
>directory tree in UNIX (or MSDOS). This program would hopefully handle
>links, etc. If possible the program should be written in 'C'.
>I am mainly interested in the algorithm to parse and display such a tree
>so any program that sounds similar would be of interest to me too.

I would like this code as well - a handy ( and dandy ) piece of
software to help out unix users who don't want to use find and
other fun toys...

--
Dennis Grittner, Computer Services Manager, St. Paul Public Works
U.S.Mail: Room 700 City Hall Annex, 25 W. 4th St., St. Paul, Minn., 55102

jc@piaget.UUCP (John Cornelius) (12/04/86)

In article <766@pwcs.StPaul.GOV> dennisg@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Dennis Grittner) writes:
>In article <415@ethz.UUCP> srp@ethz.UUCP (Scott Presnell) writes:
>>Hello,
>>I have an interest in a program that will display the oragnization of a
>>directory tree in UNIX (or MSDOS). This program would hopefully handle
		.
		.
>I would like this code as well - a handy ( and dandy ) piece of
>software to help out unix users who don't want to use find and
>other fun toys...

The file tree.c produces a program that does what you want except
that it does not offer link information (as far as I know).  I
believe that it has been posted to sources several times.

John Cornelius
(...!sdcsvax!piaget!jc)