[comp.sources.wanted] ARC51

drd@stl.UUCP (12/09/86)

What is ARC51?   I have a program encoded/archived/compressed in the
ARC51 format/standard which was sent out over the news network about
6 months ago.  I don't have the sender's address but the source was
a PC-SHELL for the IBM PC's and their clones.

I would be very interested if anyone can enlighten me about ARC51 or
even send me the source (if public domain) for the encode/decoding
program.  If the source is too big for the news arrangements could be
made to send a mag tape or floppy.

Many thanks in advance,

--

Regards,

Dan Donovan  (drd@stl  ...!mcvax!ukc!stl!drd  +44-279-29531 x3106)

aden@orion.UUCP (Gerald M. Aden) (12/20/86)

In article <329@stl.stc.co.uk>, drd@stl.stc.co.uk (Dan Donovan) writes:
> What is ARC51?   I have a program encoded/archived/compressed in the
> ARC51 format/standard which was sent out over the news network about
> 6 months ago.  I don't have the sender's address but the source was
> a PC-SHELL for the IBM PC's and their clones.
>
> I would be very interested if anyone can enlighten me about ARC51 or
> even send me the source (if public domain) for the encode/decoding
> program.  If the source is too big for the news arrangements could be
> made to send a mag tape or floppy.

I would also like to know about ARC51 and where I can get a copy.

Thanks,
Gerald Aden
...!hplabs!sdcrdcf!trwrb!orion!aden