[comp.sources.wanted] XMODEM source wanted

staff@hcx1.UUCP (12/15/86)

Does anybody know where I can get (public domain) source for the XMODEM
host software?  We are running System V.2, with Berkeley extensions.

Thanks....  Brad
--
UUCP: {ucf-cs|allegra}!novavax!hcx1!staff   Brad Staff
ATT : (305) 973-5339                        Harris Computer Systems

crayinc@mhuxi.UUCP (12/17/86)

> Does anybody know where I can get (public domain) source for the XMODEM
> host software?  We are running System V.2, with Berkeley extensions.
>
> Thanks....  Brad
> --
> UUCP: {ucf-cs|allegra}!novavax!hcx1!staff   Brad Staff
> ATT : (305) 973-5339                        Harris Computer Systems
>                                             2101 West Cypress Creek Road
>                                             Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

             The ACGNJ-BBS has both XMODEM and YMODEM on line to
             download. Their number is (201) 753-9758. All programs
             are free and public domain on the system. 3/12/24 baud.

anderson@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Bill Anderson) (12/31/86)

> Does anybody know where I can get (public domain) source for the XMODEM
> host software?  We are running System V.2, with Berkeley extensions.
>
> Thanks....  Brad
> --
> UUCP: {ucf-cs|allegra}!novavax!hcx1!staff   Brad Staff
> ATT : (305) 973-5339                        Harris Computer Systems
>                                             2101 West Cypress Creek Road
>                                             Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

I would also be interested in getting XMODEM but for 4.2 BSD (Sun 3.0).

Thanks

UUCP: {seismo!nbs-amrf!anderson                Bill Anderson
ATT : (301) 975-2423                           National Bureau of Standards
                                               Gaithersburg, MD 20899

thomas@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) (01/01/87)

At least under 4.3, the 'umodem' program in /usr/new does XMODEM
protocol transfers.

--
=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@cs.utah.edu)

james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) (01/03/87)

IN article <463@nbs-amrf.UUCP>, anderson@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Bill Anderson) wrote:
> I would also be interested in getting XMODEM but for 4.2 BSD (Sun 3.0).

Chuck Forsberg's ZMODEM program works under BSD and System V, and it supports
XMODEM YMODEM and ZMODEM, with variations for checksum vs. CRC and 1k blocks
and the like.  I use the ZMODEM programs extensively (mainly using ZMODEM
protocol, which is much better than *MODEM or kermit).  I can supply them or
you can get them from Chuck's system "telegodzilla".  His mail address is
omen!caf.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen   ...!ut-sally!utastro!bigtex!james   "Live Free or Die"
Voice: (512)-323-2675  Modem: (512)-323-2773  5300B McCandless, Austin TX 78756