[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for UNIX "AIM" benchmark.

jimk@oakhill.UUCP (Jim Klingshirn) (01/06/87)

Has anyone heard of a benchmark called "AIM"?   Apparently it is some type of
UNIX benchmark.  I am looking for source code and any results from other
machines.

rdm@hoptoad.uucp (Rich Morin) (01/06/87)

In article <820@oakhill.UUCP>, jimk@oakhill.UUCP (Jim Klingshirn) writes:
> Has anyone heard of a benchmark called "AIM"?   Apparently it is some type of
> UNIX benchmark.  I am looking for source code and any results from other
> machines.

The AIM Benchmarks are primarily the creation of a consultant named
Gene Dronek (1-415-863-7988), and are sold by:

	AIM Technology
	3350 W. Bayshore, #203
	Palo Alto, CA  94303
	1-415-856-8649

There are three Suites, as:

	Suite I		Completeness, raw performance, etc.
	Suite II	single-user workload characterization
	Suite III	multi-user workload characterization

I don't know the current prices, but I'm sure AIM will be glad to tell
you :-}.
--
Richard Morin, proprietor	{hoptoad,leadsv,lll-lcc}!cfcl!rdm
Canta Forda Computer Lab.	+1 415 994 6860

ehrlich@psuvax1.UUCP (Dan Ehrlich) (01/14/87)

In article <820@oakhill.UUCP> jimk@oakhill.UUCP (Jim Klingshirn) writes:
>Has anyone heard of a benchmark called "AIM"?   Apparently it is some type of
>UNIX benchmark.  I am looking for source code and any results from other
>machines.

The "AIM" benchmarks are marketed by AIM Technologies, sorry I do not remeber
their address.  They are not public domain.  The license agreement requires
that the user will not even distribute the results of the bencmarks except
to AIM or another AIM licensee.  At my previous position the benchmarks were
used to profile a number of different VAXen running either BSD UNIX or Ultrix.
The claim is that the programs will run on practically any machine that has
a C compiler that complies with K&R.

--Daniel Ehrlich
UUCP:     {burdvax,cbosgd,cmcl2,pitt,ihnp4}!psuvax1!ehrlich
CSNET:    ehrlich@penn-state.csnet  USPS: The Pennsylvania State University
INTERNET: ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu         Department of Computer Science
BITNET:   ehrlich@psuvax1.bitnet          333 Whitmore Laboratory
BELL:     +1 814 863 1142                 University Park, PA   16802
Quote: "The sky is blue so we know where to stop mowing."  Judge Harold T. Stone
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect the
            opinions, or policies, of The Pennsylvania State University or the
            Department of Computer Science.