[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for PD code to do Gregorian <--> Hebrew date conversion

levy@ttrdc.UUCP (02/23/87)

I would be very interested to find public domain source code for a program,
function, or subroutine which can do Gregorian to Hebrew (and vice versa) date
conversion for a semi-reasonable range of years (say the Hebrew years 0 to
6000, more if you aren't so sure about the legend that the world ends at
the Hebrew year 6000, just some 200-odd years hence, based on the presence
of six alephs in the first sentence of the Torah).  C or 66/77-compatible
FORTRAN would be best (to run on a vanilla SVR2 UNIX system) but hey, beggars
can't be choosy, I'll take whatever I can get.  Perhaps some of you Israeli
readers of soc.culture.jewish might be able to help?  Thanks much, _todah
m'od_ ... (email address included in .signature, or post to soc.culture.jewish
if you can't reach me by email [use usa distribution if posting from USA]).

Dan
|            dan levy            |  my own and are not at all those of my em-
|        skokie, illinois        |
 --------------------------------   Path: ..!{akgua,homxb,ihnp4,ltuxa,mvuxa,
                                        allegra,ulysses,vax135}!ttrdc!levy

amos@instable.UUCP (02/24/87)

Yes, I have one, both in C and f77; I have sent Dan a copy.
Anyone else interested?
--
	Amos Shapir
National Semiconductor (Israel)

amos@instable.UUCP (02/26/87)

In article <700@instable.UUCP>, amos@instable.UUCP (Amos Shapir) writes:
> Yes, I have one, both in C and f77; I have sent Dan a copy.
> Anyone else interested?

Due to the interest (and poor state of mail routers in some places)
I am posting the C sources to net.sources. Stay tuned.